- Wicked Wisdom
Infobox musical artist
Name = Wicked Wisdom
Background = group_or_band
Los Angeles, California, USA
Nu metalHeavy metal
Years_active = 2003 - present
Label = Sub Noize Womon
URL = [http://www.wickedwisdom.net www.wickedwisdom.net]
Jada Pinkett SmithPocket Honore Rio Cameron "Wirm" Graves
Thomas PridgenPhilip "Fish" Fisher
Wicked Wisdom is an American
nu metalband featuring Jada Pinkett Smith(also known as Jada Koren) (vocals), Pocket Honore ( guitarand vocals), Rio (bass and backing vocals), and Cameron "Wirm" Graves ( guitarand keyboards). The band was formed in Los Angeles, California in early 2003 as a Hardcore Metal band. After a year or so doing small bars in the local Los Angeles area, Wicked Wisdom proceeded overseas to perform as an opening act for the European leg of Britney Spears The Onyx Hotel Tourto promote their debut album "My Story" which had been released earlier that year. Wicked Wisdom followed up with the "Rock the Vote Tour" which started in September and ended in October of that same year.
Nothing else was heard from Wicked Wisdom for the six months or so following their last tour. Then in May 2005 Wicked Wisdom was confirmed by Ozzfest.com as a second stage act for the well known Metal/Hard-Rock Tour
Ozzfest, which caused an uprising of threats and disapproving comments on the tour's website, some of which both questioned the credibiliy of Wicked Wisdom as a band and threatened to inflict harm on the band if they were left on the second stage roster. Sharon Osbourne, as well as the Ozzfest tour coordinator, defended her choice to book Wicked Wisdom in an interview with Billboard.com.
- "I wasn't sure what to expect when I went to see Wicked Wisdom play last April in a tiny [Los Angeles] club at midnight," Osbourne says. "But let me tell you, I was blown away. When you see and hear Jada with her band it's apparent that she has nothing but love and respect for this genre of music. I totally respect that the band wants to pay their dues playing the second stage on Ozzfest." - Regardless of the criticism Wicked Wisdom stayed on the bill for the duration of the tour and in an interview with LA Daily News Pinkett-Smith even claimed that by the sixth or seventh show, the fans were starting to come around and even mosh to their music.
- "The first six shows were really rough. We had a steep learning curve. Those first few shows, the fans were brutal. By the time we got to show No. 7 the audience started to come around. By the end of the tour, during our last set, we had three mosh pits going while we were playing. The crowd was truly with us."
Since the Tour, Wicked Wisdom released their self titled "debut" album in February of 2006. Currently Wicked Wisdom is in the studio working on their third album which is suspected to be released in early 2009. The album is rumored to be called "Wrath of the Wicked".Wicked Wisdom released the remix to Bleed All Over Me on October 17, it is on their official MySpace.
* "My Story", 2004
* "Wicked Wisdom", February 21, 2006
* "Wrath of the Wicked", TBA
* [http://www.wickedwisdom.net/ Official Site]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.