- Crișul Negru River
Crișul Negru River (Fekete-Körös) River Countries Romania, Hungary Counties Bihor County, Arad County
Tributaries - left Teuz - right Holod Towns Beiuș, Sarkad Source - location Apuseni Mountains
Junction of headwaters Crișul Poienii and Crișul Băiței
- elevation 1,460 m (4,790 ft) Mouth Körös (Criş) - location near Gyula,
- coordinates Length 168 km (104 mi) Basin 4,450 km2 (1,718 sq mi) Discharge for Zerind - average 31.40 m3/s (1,109 cu ft/s) - max 648 m3/s (22,884 cu ft/s) - min 0.47 m3/s (17 cu ft/s)
The Crișul Negru (Romanian; Hungarian Fekete-Körös) is a river in western Romania (Transylvania) and south-eastern Hungary (Békés county). The river starts at the junction of headwaters Crișul Poienii and Crişul Băiței in the western Apuseni Mountains. It flows through the towns Ștei and Beiuș in Romania. One its tributaries is the small Roșia River. Crossing the border of Hungary the river, now called Fekete-Körös, joins the Fehér-Körös a few kilometres north from Gyula to form the Körös river.
The name of this river comes from earlier Dacian Krísos, which meant "black", making this a doublet (cf. Bulg čer "black", Old Church Slavonic čǐrnǔ, Old Prussian kirsnan, Albanian sorrë "raven") with Romanian negru "black".
Towns and villages
The following towns and villages are situated along the river Crişul Negru, from source to mouth: Vaşcău (on Crişul Poienii), Ştei, Rieni, Drăgăneşti, Tărcaia, Beiuş, Şuncuiuş, Uileacu de Beiuş, Şoimi, Căpâlna, Tinca, Batăr, Avram Iancu, Zerind in Romania, and Sarkad in Hungary.
Headwaters and tributaries
Left: Crişul Poienii, Pascu, Cusuiuş, Hinchiriş, Mierag, Arjochi, Tărcăiţa, Finiş, Căldăreşti, Şerpoasa, Valea Mare, Arman, Cereşeg, Valea Seacă, Valea Pinilor, Crişul Mic, Rătăşel, Răchest, Teuz, Zerind
- ^ Katičic', Radislav. Ancient Languages of the Balkans, Part One. Paris: Mouton, 1976: 150.
- Administraţia Naţională Apelor Române - Cadastrul Apelor - Bucureşti
- Institutul de Meteorologie şi Hidrologie - Rîurile României - Bucureşti 1971
- Trasee turistice - judeţul Bihor 
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.