- Contemporary Whitehead Studies
Contemporary Whitehead Studies (CWS) is an interdisciplinary, international book series for contemporary and innovative approaches to Alfred North Whitehead studies. CWS will consider proposals for projects from the standpoint of any tradition and perspective.
The book series was founded in 2009 and is published by Rodopi. CWS is a special series in the Value Inquiry Book Series.
CWS especially seeks projects that:
- explore the connections between Whitehead and contemporary continental philosophy, especially sources, like Heidegger, or contemporary streams like poststructuralism,
- reconnect Whitehead to pragmatism, analytical philosophy and philosophy of language, as a matter of source and recourse for an understanding of the tradition out of which Whitehead formulated his philosophic concepts or as a matter of engagement in areas that have excluded Whitehead,
- explore creative East/West dialogues facilitated by Whitehead’s work,
- explore the interconnections of the mathematician with the philosopher and the contemporary importance of these parts of Whitehead's work for the dialogue between sciences and humanities,
- reconnect Whitehead to the wider field of philosophy, the humanities, the sciences and academic research with Whitehead's pluralistic impulses in the context of a pluralistic world,
- address Whitehead’s philosophy (and, per example, of philosophy per se) in the midst of contemporary problems facing humanity, such as climate change, war & peace, race, and the future development of civilization.
Contemporary Whitehead Studies is affiliated with the Whitehead Research Project.
- # 1. Beyond Metaphysics? Explorations in Alfred North Whitehead’s Late Thought, Edited by Roland Faber, Brian G. Henning, and Clinton Combs (2010). ISBN 9789042031210 E-ISBN 978-90-420-3122-7
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.