Compare++ is a useful auxiliary tool for programmers and Web developers. The tool can compare text files and folders quickly. It is useful to detect differences of codes and match. In the review of Softsea in the June 2, 2010, Compare++ was awarded 5 Stars Rating. In the review of Softpedia on May 29, 2010, they guarantees that "Compare++ 126.96.36.199 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors". Compare++ runs on Microsoft Windows and is compatible with Windows 7.
On May 31, 2010, Compare++ got an Editor's Pick by Brothersoft. The editor described that "Compare++ structured compares and merges code, files and folders, and can detect function changes" and "highlights differences in a side-by-side interface".
Sinix, writing for Russian Software Developer Network (RSDN) on May 15, 2010, commented the beta version of Compare++ and said "Compare++(beta, but the potential is good)",and "Compare++ already knows how to detect and align methods, but only for C++ files. They promise to support other languages".
According to the description on pcmag.com, Compare++ includes following features:
- Do File comparison, source code structured comparison, smart code diff and Directory synchronization;
- "Compare similar functions even from different files";
- Aligns and compares "sub-sections of files such as C++ functions, classes";
- "In-place editing and comparing of files";
- "Compare or open the containing folder for loaded files";
- Integrates with other products such as revision control system;
- command line interface;
Warning: According to Norton, BrotherSoft is rated red. Use it with extreme caution. Contains viruses, drive-by downloads and embedded links to malicious site.
- ^ "A useful auxiliary tool for file/code comparison". PCHome.de. 2010-06-02. http://www.pchome.de/download/compare_56951.html. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- ^ "Softsea editors review". Softsea. 2010-05-30. http://www.softsea.com/review/Compare++.html. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- ^ "Compare++ 188.8.131.52 is 100% CLEAN". softpedia. 2010-05-29. http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/Compare-.shtml. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- ^ "Compare++ - Windows 7 Download awards". Windows7Download. 2010-06-04. http://www.windows7download.com/win7-compare-/jqrlamie.html. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- ^ "Brothersoft editors review". Brothersoft. 2010-05-31. http://www.brothersoft.com/compare++-372771.html. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- ^ "Diff-tools:What is all that miserable?". rsdn.ru. 2010-05-15. http://www.rsdn.ru/forum/tools/3807721.hot.aspx. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- ^ "Compare++'s Description". PCMAG.COM. 2010-05-28. http://shareware.pcmag.com/free/Binary-file-editors/Compare/422792.html. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.