- Cloud Data Management Interface
Cloud Data Management Interface (CDMI) determines what interface will be utilized to access and manage cloud storage.
The Cloud Data Management Interface defines the functional interface that applications will use to create, retrieve, update and delete data elements from the Cloud. As part of this interface the client will be able to discover the capabilities of the cloud storage offering and use this interface to manage containers and the data that is placed in them. In addition, metadata can be set on containers and their contained data elements through this interface.
This interface is also used by administrative and management applications to manage containers, accounts, security access and monitoring/billing information, even for storage that is accessible by other protocols. The capabilities of the underlying storage and data services are exposed so that clients can understand the offering.
- ^ "Cloud Data Management Interface". SNIA. http://www.snia.org/cdmi. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- ISO-8601 International Standards Organization, "Data elements and interchange formats -- Information interchange -- Representation of dates and times”, ISO 8601:20044
- ITU-T509 International Telecommunications Union Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T), Recommendation X.509: Information technology - Open Systems Interconnection - The Directory: Public-key and attribute certificate frameworks, May 2000. Specification and technical corrigenda -
- POSIX ERE The Open Group, Base Specifications Issue 6, IEEE Std 1003.1, 2004 Edition
- Cloud computing
- Data management
- Computing stubs
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.