- Christie Repasy
Christie Repasy Born December 19, 1958
Nationality American United States Field Painting
About the Artist
Christie Repasy has been painting since she was in the second grade. By age 14 she was painting furniture for friends and neighbors. Her first accomplishment was a high school art contest she won. She continued painting soft, French inspired roses on canvas and furniture. She started selling her pieces at the age of 28. Repasy's artistic career took off in the 1980s. Her talent was noticed and she appeared on "Style Network," designer Rachel Ashwell's Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic television show. Her art began to be in demand and has sold to celebrities, including Barbra Streisand. Her work has been compared to that of the famous artist Paul De Longpre.
Her painted furniture and technique were featured in a cover story in Stampington Press' Somerset Home magazine's autumn 2010 issue. She has been featured in four issues of Romantic Homes Magazine, including the April 2000, February 2004, February 2009 and October 2010 issues, and mentioned in the March 2008 issue of Romantic Country Magazine In 2006, she was recognized in an article by the Orange County Register article in addition to being referenced in Today's Vintage.
Repasy incorporates her artistry inside her home, as seen in a feature article on HGTV.com.
Canvas isn't Repasy's only medium. She paints floral designs on antique and vintage pieces of furniture she finds at flea markets, which become one-of-a-kind pieces of art.
Repasy's art has been shown at the Laguna Beach Art Festival  and she took part in its 75th anniversary festival.
- Christie Repasy official website
- Chateau de Fleurs, Repasy's blog
- Roseville Spring Antique Market, featuring Christie Repasy
- Art Links
- Artists of the World
- Cited in book, Miniature Scrapbooks: Small Treasures to Make in a Day by Taylor Hagerty
- ^ .Chris Gwaltney
- ^ Village Garden Web, "Christy Repasy and Paul De Longpre roses," April 14, 2009.
- ^ Christie Repasy's Painted Furniture, Somerset Magazine, Autumn 2010.
- ^ A Still Life, Romantic Homes Magazine, February 2004
- ^ At Home with Christie Repasy
- ^ Romantic Country Magazine April 2008.
- ^ Everything is coming up roses for artist, Orlando Sentinel, March 6, 2006
- ^ "Today's Vintage", April 2010
- ^ "Wonderfully Weathered: Florals Abound," HGTV, June 2004.
- ^ Laguna Beach Art Festival
- ^ Chateau de Fleurs marketplace
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.