- Fame X
Fame X Format Talent show Presented by Sophie Choudry
Language(s) Hindi No. of series 1 Broadcast Original channel SAB TV Original run 2006 – 2007 External links Website
Fame X, with Indian subtitle Chal Udiye, was an Indian television music talent show contested by aspiring pop singers drawn from public auditions. It followed an earier Indian singing competition and musical reality show called Fame Gurukul.
The show's inaugural Indian season was in November 2006 and it extended until the finals in 2007. It was broadcast on Indian SAB TV television station. Dean of the show was Palash Sen. Auditions were held in Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai. Originally the host was Sophie Choudry, but she was replaced in later stages by Shilpa Sakhlani.
The weekly Fame X show was complemented with a daily Monday to Friday show entitled Fame X Academy. The winner would get Rs50,00,000 grand prize, a recording contract and MTV Artiste of the Month title where the winner would be featured for a full month. He will also get the chance to sing for the Indian cricket team at the World Cup 2007
The judges were:
- Nikhil Chinapa, an MTV India VJ
- Ganesh Hegde, an Indian singer, performer, video director and Bollywood choreographer
- Daler Mehndi, Indian traditional Punjabi singer
The finalists, with ages and region originating from:
- Anandroopa Bagchi, 19 years, Bihar
- Priyadarshee Banerjee, 23 years, West Bengal
- Arunima Bhattacharya, 23 years, West Bengal
- Alok Chaubey, 18 years, Bihar
- Ashutosh Jain, 23 years, New Delhi
- Aditya Jassi, 24 years, New Delhi
- Samrat Kaushal, 22 years, Punjab
- Rehan Khan, 23 years, Mumbai
- Neethi Nair, 19 years, Mumbai
- Trupti Pandkar, 20 years, Maharashtra
- Vidhhan Pandey, 21 years, Uttar Pradesh
- Ritu Pathak, 19 years, Madhya Pradesh
- Priyanka Purohit, 23 years, Rajasthan
- Jyotika Sharma, 19 years, Mumbai
- Rakesh Sharma, 30 years, Chhattisgarh
- Rohitraj Sinha, 24 years, Allahabad
The winner of the first series was Rehan Khan who beat in the finals Neethi Nair and Anandrupa Bagchi.
Comedy Silent comedyGutur Gu
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.