TREAT-NMD (Translational Research in Europe – Assessment and Treatment of Neuromuscular Diseases) is a European network of Excellence working in the field of neuromuscular diseases. It has been established in 2007 and is funded by the EU under the Sixth Framework Programme.21 partner organisations from 11 countries across Europe participate in the TREAT-NMD network. The administration office is in Newcastle.
TREAT-NMD is targeted on bringing together people with neuromuscular diseases and specialists (scientists, healthcare professionals and pharmaceutical companies) for improving assessment and treatment of these rare diseases.Improving trial-readiness worldwide, advancing patient diagnosis and care and accelerating pre-clinical research are main goals of this project. TREAT-NMD collaborates with patient organisations as well as with international authorities including EMEA and FDA.
* [http://www.treat-nmd.eu TREAT-NMD website]
* [http://www.ncl.ac.uk Newcastle University]
* [http://www.emea.europa.eu EMEA]
* [http://www.fda.gov FDA]
* [http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise EC Enterprise and Industry]
* [http://ec.europa.eu/research/fp6 Sixth Framework Programme]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.