- MECON Limited
MECON Limited Type PSU Industry Consulting Founded 1973 Headquarters Ranchi, Jharkhand, India Key people A.K. Ghosh (Chairman-cum-Managing Director) Employees 2057 Website http://www.meconlimited.co.in
MECON Limited, formerly known as (Metallurgical & Engineering Consultants (India) Limited) is a Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Steel of the Government of India. It began in 1959 as the Central Engineering and Designing Bureau (CEDB) of the Hindustan Steel Limited (HSL), the first public sector steel company.  Subsequently, CEDB grew as Metallurgical and Engineering Consultant (MECON), a subsidiary of the Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) in 1973. It later became an autonomous company reporting to the Ministry of Steel in 1978. 
MECON Limited provides services in Power, Energy & Environment, Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, Metallurgy and other specialized areas. MECON is the first engineering consultancy organization in India to be accredited with the ISO 9001 certification.MECON GLIMPSES :
- MECON LIMITED is a public sector under taking under the Ministry of Steel, Government of India.
- MECON LIMITED established in 1959 under the aegis of Central Engineering & Design Bureau (CEDB), is India’s frontline engineering, consultancy and contracting organization, offering full range of services required for setting up of Project from concept to commissioning including turnkey execution.
- MECON is a multi- disciplinary firm with 1285 experienced & dedicated engineers, scientists and technologists, having a network of offices spread all over the country, experienced in handling consultancy assignments and EPC Projects.
- MECON has played a significant role in the development and expansion of Indian Industries. MECON is an ISO: 9001:2008 company and is registered with international financial institutions like WB, ADB, AFDB and has technological tie-ups with world leaders.
KEY AREAS OF ACTIVITIES :
- Iron Making
- Steel Making
- Rolling Mills
- Non- Ferrous
- By- products & Chemicals
- Raw Materials & Mining
- Beach Sand Mining & Mineral Beneficiation
- Research & Development
- Power Plant- Thermal & Hydel
- Transmission & Distribution
- Non- conventional Energy sources
- Energy Management & Audit
- RLA & RMU Studies
OIL & GAS
- Oil & Gas Pipelines
- Petrochemicals & Refineries
- CNG stations & City GAS Distribution
- POL Depots
- LPG bulk storage, handling, bottling & transportation
- Group Gathering station.
- Off-shore platforms & marine pipelines
- Retail Outlets
- Civil & Structural Engineering
- Architecture & Town Planning
- Ports & Material Handling
- Roads, Bridges, Highways & Flyovers
- Defence Sector
- Environmental Engineering
- Hydro Engineering
- Information Technology
- Techno- Economics and Management Consultancy Services
- Healthcare Sector
 Recently in August 2008, MECON developed India's first confocal microscope. Since May 2008, MECON has also been consulting SAIL on its Vision 2020 which aims to enhance production from the existing 15 million ton per annum to 45 million ton in the next 12 years. 
- ^ Story of striving, scaling and succeeding
- ^ Mecon FAQs
- ^ MECON diversifies consultancy services
- ^ MECON develops India's78th con-focus microscope
- ^ MECON to help SAIL enhance production
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.