- Mary Dunn (yoga)
For other people named Mary Dunn, see Mary Dunn (disambiguation).
Mary Louise Palmer Dunn (2 June 1942 – 4 September 2008) was an American instructor in Iyengar yoga.
Life and career
Dunn was born in Ann Arbor, Michigan. After graduating University of Wisconsin–Madison in 1964, she married Roger Dunn and 1965 and later moved to San Francisco, California in 1967. Her mother was a student of B. K. S. Iyengar and helped bring him to the United States in 1973.
Dunn began learning under Iyengar in 1974, eventually becoming a founding director of the Iyengar Yoga National Association of the United States. She also helped found institutes in San Francisco, San Diego and New York.
Dunn died of peritoneal cancer in Scarsdale, New York.
- ^ Sulcas, Roslyn (September 9, 2008). Mary Dunn, Yoga Instructor, Is Dead at 66. New York Times
- Mary Dunn profile via Iyengar Yoga Association
- Cancer deaths in New York
- Deaths from peritoneal cancer
- People from Scarsdale, New York
- 1942 births
- 2008 deaths
- American people stubs
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.