- Directory of Open Access Journals
Directory of Open Access Journals URL doaj.org Commercial? No Available language(s) English, French, and Turkish Alexa rank 96,053 (as of October 2011) Current status Online
The Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) is website maintained by Lund University which lists open access journals. The project defines open access journals as scientific and scholarly journals that meet high quality standards by exercising peer review or editorial quality control and "use a funding model that does not charge readers or their institutions for access." The Budapest Open Access Initiative's definition of open access is used to define required rights given to users, for the journal to be included in the DOAJ, as the rights to "read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles".[note 1]
As of October 2011, the database contained 7116 journals, with an average of four journals being added each day for the month of September. The aim of DOAJ is to "increase the visibility and ease of use of open access scientific and scholarly journals thereby promoting their increased usage and impact."
- ^ The BOAI definition is at "Budapest Open Access Initiative: Frequently Asked Questions".
- ^ "Ranking for Doaj.org". Alexa.com. http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/doaj.org. Retrieved 2011-10-07.
- ^ a b c "About". Directory of Open Access Journals.
- ^ "DOAJ Statistics". Directory of Open Access Journals. http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=newTitles&uiLanguage=en&fromDate=1970-01-01+00%3A00%3A00&orderedBy=J.first_added. Retrieved 2011-10-07.
- doaj.org, the official website of the Directory of Open Access Journals
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.