CIO is an acronym that may refer to:
- Congress of Industrial Organizations, a former United States trade union federation (also known as the Committee of Industrial Organization) that merged with the American Federation of Labor to form the AFL-CIO in 1955
- Central Intelligence Organisation, the secret police in Zimbabwe
- alternate acronym for the International Olympic Committee (French: Comité international olympique)
- Central Imagery Office, a predecessor organization of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Titles within a company or other organization
- Chief information officer, the head of information technology
- Chief innovation officer, the head of innovation, responsible for innovation management
- Chief investment officer, the head of investments, especially in an asset manager or institutional investor
- Chief Immigration Officer, an operational grade (rank) in the UK Border Agency
- Other uses
- Cry It Out, an aspect of the Ferberization technique for solving childhood sleep problems
- Concurrent Input/Output, a file systems feature introduced in JFS (file system) in May 2003
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.