Halcyon (IPAEng|ˈhælsiən), a term that originates from the Greek myth of
Alcyone, is used most often to mean "golden" or marked by peace and prosperity.
Halcyon may refer to:
* "Halcyon" (genus), a type of bird
Tree kingfisher, a family of birds (Halcyonidae) containing the above genus
* "Halcyon" (role-playing game), an indie role-playing game
Halcyon (console), a video-game console
* Halcyon, a fictional class of starship that includes "Pillar of Autumn" in the Halo video game series
* Halcyon, a popular multiplayer map from
* "Halcyon" (dialogue), a short dialogue attributed to Plato
* "Halcyon" (Stargate Atlantis novel), a novel by James Swallow
* Halcyon, the fictional capital city of the
Thrancivilization in the "Magic: The Gathering" universe
* "Halcyon" (Chicane song)
* "Halcyon" (Orbital song)
Halcyon (Best Of)", an album by Orbital
* "Halcyon", a song by The Acacia Strain from "
* "Halcyon (Beautiful Days)", a song by Mono
* "Halcyon: The Heavy Silence: In Silent Rain", a song by ...And Oceans from "Cypher"
* "Here's to the Halcyon", a song by
Old 97'sfrom the album " Blame it on Gravity"
* "Halcyon Over Harlem", a song by The Coming Weak
* "Halcyon Mockery", a song and also title of a demo (2004) of UK-band Circumscriber
Halcyon 23, a type of sailing ship built in England
Halcyon class minesweeper, a type of British Royal Navy minesweeper
Halcyon class torpedo gunboat, a type of British Royal Navy gunboat
Halcyon, California, U.S.
Halcyon Castle, a castle in Travancore, Kerala, India
Halcyon Gallery, a group of three art galleries in the United Kingdom
Halcyon House, a Georgian style home in Washington, D.C., U.S.
Halcyon Monitoring Solutions, a company that monitors performance of computer systems
The Halcyon Company, a film studio
* Halcyon, A manufacturer of DIR dive equipment.
* Alkyon, A hydraulic consultancy and research company in the Netherlands.
Halcion, an insomnia drug
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.