- Simon Stephens
Simon Stephens (born
1971) is an English playwright.
Hailing originally from
Stockport, Cheshire, he is now an increasingly significant voice in English theatre. His plays are often humane explorations of family life. Whilst his writing is frequently brutal, within lies an optimism and an authenticity that sets him apart from many of the In-yer-face theatregeneration.
Until 2005, Stephens worked in the literary department of the
Royal Court Theatrein London. While there, he held a leadership position in the Court's Young Writers' Programme.
His play, 'Pornography', received its UK premiere at the Traverse theatre in Edinburgh as part of the 2008 Edinburgh Festival.
*"One Minute" (2003)
*"Country Music" (2004)
On the Shore of the Wide World" (2005)
*"Harper Regan" (2007)
* [http://wordpress.com/tag/simon-stephens/ Simon Stephens blog]
* [http://www.timeout.com/london/theatre/features/244.html Time Out interview (04/2006)]
* [http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/arts/author/simon_stephens/ Simon Stephens' Guardian Blog page]
* [http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2008/aug/04/edinburghfestival.festivals Guardian review of 'Pornography' at Edinburgh Festival 2008 (04.08.08)]
* [http://www.oneminute2008.com/ Current production of Simon Stephens' One Minute on in London]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.