Supinfocom (école SUPérieure d'INFOrmatique de COMmunication, roughly University of Communication Science) is a computer graphics university with campuses in
Valenciennesand Arles, France.
1988in Valenciennes, the school offers a five-year course leading to a diploma of digital direction (certified Level I). A second campus in Arlesopened in 2000, and the school is preparing to open a new campus in India.
In November 2007, the school was ranked No. 1 worldwide by the American magazine "3D World," with criteria such as the distribution of student films and prizes in festivals around the world.
The curriculum includes:
* Two years of preparatory courses (design and applied art, perspective, film analysis, video, color, 2D animation, art history, sculpture, communication, English);
* Three years of specialization in computer graphics (3D software, screenplay, storyboards, animation, compositing, 3D production, sound, editing).
The final year of study is devoted to the team-based production of a short film in CG.
Until the class of 2007 entered, there were only two years of specialization courses; there are now three.
* [http://www.supinfocom.fr/ Official site of Supinfocom Valenciennes]
* [http://www.supinfocom-arles.fr/ Official site of Supinfocom Arles]
* [http://www.supinfocom.org/ Unofficial student site]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.