- Cap Cana
Cap Cana is located in the Eastern region of the
Dominican Republicknown as Juanillo. The site was founded as a new and more ambitious touristic site with contributions from international investors and strategic partners such as Ritz-Carlton, Sotogrande, Donald Trump and many others.
The site has a Marina, Large resorts, beaches, and many others. Primarily founded as a site to attract international visitors
Cap Cana Championship, a Champions Tourgolf tournament, is held at Punta Espada Golf Club in Cap Cana, a course designed by Jack Nicklaus.
Cap Cana is a 2+ billion dollar investment in the eastern lands of the Dominican Republic. This area had already gained fame for its great hotels, and beaches and the idea of a more exclusive touristic plan came up, this being Cap Cana. The area was created with the investments of people like
Donald Trump, Jack Nicklaus, and other holders.
The Cap Cana area includes more than 120 Millon cubic meters of land, which 25 Million of it will be developed in its first phase. It also includes 8 kilometers of beach area, 5 of which are considered to be the most spectacular in the Caribbean.
Cap Cana Master Plan
Cap Cana is sub-divided in several phases such as:
2) Las Canas (Includes Main Entrance,Heritage School and Employee Housing)
3) Marina Golf
4) Zona Hotel (The Resort Area)
5) Green Village
6) La Iguana
7) Punta Espada (Home of famous Jack Nicklaus designed Punta Espada Golf Course)
8) Mountain Village
10) Farallon (Which includes some more Trump properties and the Farallon Golf Course)
Cap Cana is served by several Airports:
Las Americas International Airport(SDQ) (Furthest)
La Romana International Airport(LRM)
Punta Cana International Airport(PUJ) (Closest)
Cap Cana is served by highway:
DR-3, Autovia Del Este/Autopista De las Americas.
The Cap Cana Area is served by all Major Wireline and Wireless Providers on both GSM and CDMA Networks and participate as roaming partners for the various international carriers.
Claro Codetel(GSM/CDMA 800/1900MHz)
Viva Telecom(GSM/CDMA 800/1900MHz)
Tricom S.A(CDMA Only 800/1900MHz)
Orange Dominicana(GSM Only 800/1900MHz) Wireline Providers
Codetelis the majority serving wire line provider in the area, providing POTS and High-Speed Internet Services.
Cap Cana is within hours of the capital and biggest city of the Republic,
Santo Domingo, and has many surrounding towns and cities including: La Romana, Punta Cana, Pueblo Bavaro, San Pedro de Macoris, Higuey and other smaller towns.
* [http://www.capcana.com Main Site for Cap Cana]
* [http://www.grupoabrisa.com/content/espanol/textos/capcana.htm Grupo Abrisa- Owner/Operator of Cap Cana]
* [http://www.godominicanrepublic.com/ Official Website of the Ministry of Tourism of the Dominican Republic]
* [http://www.aei.org.do Real Estate Association- Asociación de Empresas Inmobiliarias 'AEI']
* [http://www.puntacanalife.com Punta Cana Lifestyle Real Estate- member of the "AEI"]
* [http://www.nicklaus.com/design/capcana/news040408.php Jack Nicklaus Golf Club- Cap Cana]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.