- Bir Shamsher Jang Bahadur Rana
Maharaja Sir Bir Shamsher Jang Bahadur Rana,
GCSI, ( 10 December 1852- 5 March 1901), was the third Prime Minister of Nepalfrom the Rana dynasty. He was born to the Chief of the Army Dhir Shamsher Rana (a younger brother of Jang Bahadur). He and his brothers plotted the assassination of their doddering uncle, the Prime Minister Renaudip Singh Bahadur. He then served from 1885 to 1901 and was invested as "Tung-ling-ping-ma-kuo-kang-wang" in 1889. During his tenure, he received both Prince Albert Victor, Duke of Clarenceand the ill-fated Archduke Franz Ferdinand. His successor for three months, at his death in 1901, was his progressive brother Deva Shamsher Jang Bahadur Rana.
Maharaja Sir Bir Shamsher Jang Bahadur Rana, GCSI, had 11 sons and several daughters, including:
1. General Sri Teen Maharajkumar Gehendra Shumshere Jung Rana Bahadur (1871-1905), "desc"
2. Commanding-General Supradipta-Manyabara-Nepal-Tara Prasidha-Prabala-Gorkha-Dakshina-Bahu Sri Teen Maharajkumar Dharma Shumshere Jung Bahadur Rana (d. 25 August 1932).
3. Colonel Kunwar Chakra Shumshere Jung Bahadur Rana (d. bef. 1923)
4. Field Marshal His Excellency Supradipta-Manyabara-Nepal-Tara Om-Ram-Patta Suprasidha-Prabala-Gorkha-Dakshina-Bahu Subikhyat-Tri-Shakti-Patta Sri Teen Maharajkumar The Rt Hon. Rudra Shumshere Jung Bahadur Rana (1879-12 February 1963), "desc"
5. Commanding General Supradipta-Manyabara-Nepal-Tara, Subikhyat-Tri-Shakti-Patta, Prasidha-Prabala-Gorkha-Dakshina-Bahu Sri Teen Maharajkumar Sir Tej Shumshere Jung Bahadur Ran, KCIE , KBE (1885-13 May 1942),"desc".
6. Major-General Pratap Shumshere Jung Bahadur Rana (d. 16 September 1934), "desc"
7. Colonel Manyabara-Nepal-Tara Indra Shumshere Jung Bahadur Rana,
8. General Supradipta-Manyabara-Nepal-Tara, Suprasidha-Prabala-Gorkha-Dakshina-Bahu Ananda Shumshere Jung Bahadur Rana, "desc".
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.