Clip may refer to:
In holding devices:
- Clip (ammunition), a device for storing multiple rounds together as a unit
- Sometimes confused with magazine (firearms)
- Paper clip, a device for holding several sheets of paper together
- Binder clip, a device used for holding thicker materials (such as large volumes of paper) together
- Crocodile clip, a temporary electrical connector
- Circlip, a semi-flexible metal ring fastener used to hold a pin in place
- Roach clip, a holder used for smoking a marijuana cigarette
- Bread clip, a device for closing bags
- Rail clip, a rail fastener
- Caller ID, Calling Line Identification Presentation
In cutouts or segments:
- An automotive colloquialism meaning either:
- a vehicle's sheetmetal from the firewall (construction) forward—also known as a "doghouse"
- a sub frame used to attach the engine and front suspension to a car body
- Clip (compiler), a multi-platform compiler for the Clipper programming language
- Clips (clothing), clothing brand
The capitalized CLIP can refer to:
- Corticotropin-like intermediate peptide
- CLIP (protein) (Class II-associated invariant chain peptide)
In other usage
- CLIPS, a public-domain software tool for building expert systems
- calling line identification presentation, an alternative name of Caller ID
- confirmed line item performance, a measure of the reliability of supply chain delivery
- Cupertino Language Immersion Program, a K-8 program in the Cupertino Union School District, California
- Los Angeles Clippers, an NBA team based in Los Angeles, nicknamed the "Clips"
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.