Credence can have several meanings:
- In probability theory, credence means a subjective estimate of probability, as in Bayesian probability.
- In economics, a credence good is a good whose value is hard for a consumer to ascertain.
- A letter of credence is a letter sent by one head of state to another formally accrediting a named individual, usually but not always a diplomat.
- A credence table is a small side-table used in the Christian ceremony of the Eucharist.
The word is also associated with:
- "Credence", a song written by Opeth on their album My Arms, Your Hearse.
- Creedence Clearwater Revival, a rock band led by John Fogerty.
- Credence Capital Management, a Hedge Fund management company in New York City.
- Credence Systems Corporation, a manufacturer of automatic test equipment (ATE) for analog, digital, memory, mixed-signal and wireless semiconductor devices.
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.