- Volker Ignaz Schmidt
Volker Ignaz Schmidt ( b. 1971) is a composer of contemporary music.
Volker Ignaz Schmidt started composing in 1986 and has been a member of different rock and jazz bands playing piano, keyboards, trumpet as well as song writing. After studying harmony, counterpoint, form and orchestration with different composers from the US, England & Germany he started composing his own music since 2001.
* Erscheinungen (2002) piano
* Ikaros (2004) cello (commissioned by Frank Cox)
* eS (2006) trombone
* Tales from the topographic inside (2007) piano
* GAIA (2004/2005) flute/piccolo, oboe, clarinet in B-flat, bassoon, trumpet in B-flat, horn in F, trombone, tuba, harp, double-bass, timpani & percussion
* Triptychon (2003) flute/piccolo, bassoon, horn in F, trombone, bassclarinet
* ∞ (2006) 4 female voices (commissioned by the
* Suleika spricht ... (2007) 3 female voices & claves (commissioned by the
Solisten - Female vocal ensemble]
* [http://www3.uakron.edu/ssma/composers/Cox.shtml Frank Cox - Cellist & composer]
* [http://www.volkerischmidt.de/index-english.htm The composer's personal website]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.