- Sison, Pangasinan
Infobox Philippine municipality
infoboxtitle = Municipality of Sison, Pangasinan
sealfile = Sison Pangasinan.png
region = Ilocos Region (Region I)
pop2000 = 40,955
barangays = 28
districts = 5th District, Pangasinan
class = 3th class; rural
locatormapfile = Ph_locator_pangasinan_sison.png
caption = Map of Pangasinan showing the location of Sison.
Sison is a 3rd class and northernmost municipality in the province of Pangasinan,
It is geographically located on the northern portion of Pangasinan lying within the provincial boundaries of La Union and
Benguet. It has a total land area of 137.88 square kilometers. It is bounded on the north by Rosario ( La Union), Tuba ( Benguet); on the south by Pozorrubio; on the southeast by San Manuel and Binalonan.
The municipality is approximately 200 kilometers north of Manila, 50 kilometers south of
San Fernando City, where the regional office of the national goernment agencies in Region I are located, 53 kilometers east of Lingayen (via Pozorrubio), the capital of Pangasinan, and 43 kilometers south of Baguio City.
According to the
2000census, it has a population of 40,955 people in 8,015 households.
Sison is politically subdivided into 28
* Asan Norte
* Asan Sur
* Bantay Insik
* Bulaoen East
* Bulaoen West
* Poblacion Central
* Poblacion Norte
* Poblacion Sur
* [http://www.sisonlgu.gov.ph] sison official website
* [http://pag.wikipedia.org Pangasinan Wikipedia]
* [http://www.nscb.gov.ph/activestats/psgc/default.asp Philippine Standard Geographic Code]
* [http://www.t-macs.com/kiso/local/ 2000 Philippine Census Information]
* [http://www.pangasinan.gov.ph Official Website of the Provincial Government of Pangasinan]
* [http://www.dalityapi.com Pangasinan: Preservation and Revitalization of the Pangasinan Language and Literature]
* [http://punch.dagupan.com Sunday Punch]
* [http://www.sunstar.com.ph/pangasinan Sun Star Pangasinan]
* [http://pangasinanstar.prepys.com Pangasinan Star Online]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.