- Polskie Radio
network_name = Polskie Radio
available = Poland, Internet
launch_date = 1925
website = [http://www.polskieradio.pl/ www.polskieradio.pl] Polskie Radio Spółka Akcyjna (PR S.A., "Polish Radio") is
Poland's public radio network broadcasting corporation.
Polskie Radio was founded on August 18, 1925. Regular broadcasting was started on
18 April 1926in Warsaw. From 1931 broadcasts were transmitted by one of the strongest stations in Europe in Raszyn(which in 1939 was destroyed by the invading German Army). After the Second World War, Polskie Radio was as a part of the public broadcasting body "Polskie Radio i Telewizja" (PRT - Polish Radio and Television). It was admitted as a full active member of the European Broadcasting Unionin 1992.
Before the Second World War, Polish Radio broadcasted one national channel (Warszawa I) and 9 regional stations (see: [:
Krakow(from 15/2/1927), Poznan(from 24/4/1927), Katowice(from 4/12/1927), Wilno (from 15/1/1928), Lwow(from 15/1/1930), Lodz(from 2/2/1930), Torun(from 15/1/1935), Warszawa II (from 1/3/1937) and Baranowicze(from 1/7/1938). Polish Radio planned to start new regional station in Lutsk, but the war made it impossible.
Today Polskie Radio broadcasts 6 national radio channels:
* Program 1 (Jedynka - One) - (information and easy listening music) - LW (198kHz and 225 kHz), FM and the [http://www.polskieradio.pl/jedynka/ internet]
* Program 2 (Dwójka - Two) - (cultural) - FM and the [http://www.polskieradio.pl/dwojka/ internet]
* Program 3 (Trójka - Three) - (alternative, jazz, rock and all other music) - FM and the [http://www.polskieradio.pl/trojka/ internet]
Polskie Radio Euro- (youth oriented, educational) - FM and the [http://www.polskieradio.pl/bis/ internet]
* Polish Radio External Service (till January 2007 as Radio Polonia - (external service in Polish, English, German, Russian, Ukrainian, Belarusian, Hebrew) - shortwave, medium wave, satellite and the [http://www.polskieradio.pl/zagranica/gb/ internet]
Radio Parlament- (parliament speeches) - LW
* Service in Esperanto - separate [http://www.polskieradio.pl/eo/ internet] serviceand 17 regional radiostations in Bialystok, Bydgoszcz, Gdansk, Katowice (Radio Katowice - one of the largest regional channel), Kielce, Koszalin, Kraków (
Radio Kraków), Lublin ( Radio Lublin), Lodz, Olsztyn, Opole, Poznan, Rzeszow, Szczecin, Wroclaw, Warszawa ( Radio dla Ciebie) and Zielona Gora.
Program 3(Trójka - Three) - (alternative, jazz, rock and all other music) - FM [http://www.polskieradio.pl/trojka/ i] has been listing the Polish poll-charts since 1982. In the 80's and the 90's, when there wasn't any airplay and sales hitlists on Polish market, it was the most important music chart in Poland. The chart archives from 1982 are here: [http://www.polskieradio.pl/trojka/lp3/archiwum.aspx]
* Polish Radio External Service International broadcasting station of Poland.
Informacyjna Agencja Radiowa
Polish Radio and Television
Radio stations in interwar Poland
* [http://www.polskieradio.pl/ Polskie Radio Online]
* [http://www.prsa.com.pl/ Polskie Radio SA – corporation site]
* [http://www.radioguide.fm/internet_radio_poland Radio Poland]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.