The term "constitutive" might refer to:
- In physics, a constitutive equation is a relation between two physical quantities.
- In cell biology, a constitutively active protein is a protein whose activity is constant and active.
- In ecology, a constitutive defense is one that is always active, as opposed to an inducible defense.
- Constitutive theory of statehood
- In genetics, constitutive refers to a gene product made all the time. Ie. In the absence of the activator or the repressor, RNA polymerase transcribes the gene constitutively.
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.