- Mario Carević
Mario Carević Personal information Full name Mario Carević Date of birth 29 March 1982 Place of birth Makarska, SFR Yugoslavia
Height 1.87 m (6 ft 2 in) Playing position Midfielder Club information Current club Maccabi Petah Tikva Youth career Hajduk Split Senior career* Years Team Apps† (Gls)† 1999–2004 Hajduk Split 102 (7) 2004–2005 Al-Ittihad (Jeddah) 0 (0) 2005–2007 VfB Stuttgart 6 (0) 2006–2007 → Hajduk Split (loan) 17 (4) 2007–2010 SC Lokeren 82 (10) 2010–2011 K.V. Kortrijk 23 (0) 2011– Maccabi Petah Tikva 0 (0) National team‡ 2004– Croatia 1 (0) * Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 May 2011.
† Appearances (Goals).‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 26 February 2011
Mario Carević (born 29 March 1982) is a Croatian football midfielder, currently playing for Maccabi Petah Tikva. He made his debut for the Croatian national team playing in a friendly match against Macedonia on 28 April 2004. While he was a regular for the U15 through U21 youth selections, he has only one senior international cap to date.
Carević started his professional career at Hajduk Split, playing five seasons before moving to Saudi Arabia to play for Al-Ittihad (Jeddah). He then spent a season in Germany playing for Bundesliga side VfB Stuttgart, before returning to Split in 2006 on a one year loan. In the season 2007–08 he played for SC Lokeren, a club from Belgian first division. Since 2010 he plays for KV Kortrijk.
- ^ "Carevic, Mario" (in German). kicker.de. http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/uefa/spielrunde/europa-league/2010-11/kv-kortrijk-1644/37566/spieler_mario-carevic.html. Retrieved 26 February 2011.
- ^ "Mario Carević". worldfootball.net. http://www.worldfootball.net/spieler_profil/mario-carevic/. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- Carević Mario profile at Nogometni Magazin
- Mario Carević at National-Football-Teams.com
- Mario Carević at the Croatian Football Federation
Croatia squad – 2004 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.