- Office of National AIDS Policy
The Office of National AIDS Policy (ONAP) coordinates the continuing domestic efforts to reduce the number of new infections in the United States. In addition, the Office works to coordinate an increasingly integrated approach to the prevention, care and treatment of HIV/AIDS. The Office also emphasizes the domestic and international efforts to combat HIV/AIDS. The office forms part of the Domestic Policy Council which is part of the Office of White House Policy. The Director of the ONAP is titled the Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Office of National AIDS Policy. The current Director is Jeffrey Crowley.
The Office of National AIDS Policy (ONAP) is part of the White House Domestic Policy Council and is tasked with coordinating the continuing efforts of the government to reduce the number of HIV infections across the United States. The Office emphasizes prevention through wide-ranging education initiatives and helps to coordinate the care and treatment of citizens with HIV/AIDS.
ONAP also coordinates with the National Security Council and the Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator, and works with international bodies to ensure that America’s response to the global pandemic is fully integrated with other prevention, care, and treatment efforts around the world. Through the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) initiative, the U.S. has taken steps in responding to the global HIV/AIDS pandemic, working with countries heavily impacted by HIV/AIDS to help expand access to treatment, care, and prevention. tt
- ^ "President Obama Selects Health Policy Expert to Head Office of National AIDS Policy" (Press release). Office of the Press Secretary. 2009-02-26. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/President-Obama-Selects-Health-Policy-Expert-to-Head-Office-of-National-AIDS-Polic/. Retrieved 2009-06-05.
- ^ "About ONAP". Office of National AIDS Policy. White House. http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/onap/about. Retrieved 2010-02-26.
Domestic Policy Council · Office of National AIDS Policy · Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships · Office of Health Reform · Office of Social Innovation and Civic Participation · National Economic Council
- ONAP webpage
- AIDS.gov - The U.S. Federal Domestic HIV/AIDS Resource
- HIVtest.org - Find an HIV testing site near you
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.