- Francesco Stipo
Francesco Stipo (1973-) Writer and Globalist.
Francesco Stipo was born in
Rome, Italy, in 1973. He studied law at the University "La Sapienza" where he won an Erasmus scholarship that allowed him to continue part of his studies in Jerez de la Fontera, Spain.While living in Spain he was the first man crossing the Strait of Gibraltar with a powered parachute, on July 11th, 1996. The event was reported in many Spanish newspapers like ABC, Diario de Jerez, Europa Sur and Italian magazines like 'No Limits".In 1996 he won a scholarship from the Italian National Council of Research on the subject "juridical discipline of the outer space"; the thesis, which title was "La Definizione del Concetto Giuridico di Spazio Cosmico", was published in the Italian law journal "Giurisprudenza di Merito".After obtaing a Ph.D. in International Law, in 2001 he moved to the United Stateswhere he obtained a Master degree (LLM) in comparative law from the University of Miami. Since 2002 he has been been living in Miami, Florida; he has been working as a lawyer for European and American firms specializing in international business transactions. He fluently speaks 5 languages (English, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and French) and has travelled extensively around the world. [Stipo, Francesco. "About Francesco Stipo", http://www.worldfederalistmanifesto.com/authorbiography.html ]
Dr. Stipo wrote books and articles published in Europe and the United States:The most important works are:
1) "World Federalist Manifesto. Guide to Political Globalization" [Stipo, Francesco. "World Federalist Manifesto", http://www.worldfederalistmanifesto.com ]
The book offers the reader a global and unitary vision of international organizations, giving insights on the inner mechanisms of the
United Nationsand a creative and constructive approach to the phenomenon of globalization.The book encompasses all social sciences, examining international issues by a technical prospective, analyzing the economic, political, financial and legal elements of globalizationand offering solutions to international problems.The author focuses on the political aspects of globalization, examining the application of a confederal political model at world level while reviewing the historical background of world federalism.The author presents a model of world confederation divided in international legislative, executive, judicial and financial branches. The authority of the world governmentis reparted with the Member States, in a way that both are sovereign within their respective sphere of competence. The world confederation, as envisioned by the author in the book, would not supersede the authority of the State governments but complement it, as both the States and the world authority would have power within their sphere of competence; the book presents a political globalizationwhere the economic balances of world nations are preserved at international level.The World Federalist Manifesto constitutes an important contribution to the progress of humanity and is directed to all people directly or indirectly involved in globalization.
2) "United Nations Reorganization. The Unification of the UN System" [Stipo, Francesco. "United Nations Reorganization. The Unification of the UN System ", http://www.worldfederalistmanifesto.com/reorganization.html ]
The book deals with the reform of the
United Nations, introducing the idea of a unification of the UN system.The author proposes the creation of a voting system proportional to the level of contribution, appliable to all the UN specialized agencies, would allow the central executive body (for example, the Secretariat) to draw up a budget plan, which would allocate the international contributions among the different specialized agencies.The book proposes the unification of the specialized agencies under one single budget, and a single voting system; they would chage their juridical nature from separated agencies to International Ministries or International Departments: becoming internal divisions of the United Nations, their general policy would be directed by the Secretary General.
3) "The Reform of the Budget and the Administration of the United Nations. The Balanced Contribution Theory and the Introduction of an Income-Based Contribution System to the International Organizations" [Stipo, Francesco. "The Balanced Contribution Theory ", http://www.worldfederalistmanifesto.com/balancedcontribution.html ]
The book analyzes the main current issues of the international organizations: it examines the impact of
United Nationscontributions on nations’ budget and tax rates, the economic cost of the fragmentation of the United Nations system in different specialized agencies and the risk of stall of the Security Council.The result of the analysis empirically demonstrates the adverse effects of international contributions on national budgets, due to the lack of balance between national income and the criteria of nations’ contribution to the UN, the WTO, the World BankGroup and the IMF.The book shows the benefits of a greater voting power of developed countries, like the United States, in international organizations through the adoption of an income-based contribution system which balances nations’ voting power with the level of Member States’ national income.
Francesco Stipo has also published articles in European Law Journals:
1) "Disciplina del Sistema Globale di Navigazione Satellitare", published in Spain, in Revista Europea de Derecho de la Navegacion Maritima y Aeronautica, ISSN 1130-2127, Nº 14, 1998, 1891-1906 [Stipo, Francesco. "Disciplina del Sistema Globale di Navigazione Satellitare ", http://dialnet.unirioja.es/servlet/articulo?codigo=260885 ]
2) "La Definizione del Concetto Giuridico di Spazio Cosmico", published in Italy, in Giurisprudenza di Merito, May 2000, 1118, 1132.
* "World Federalist Manifesto. Guide to Political Globalization' ISBN 978-0-9794679-2-9
* "United Nations Reorganization. The Unification of the UN System' ISBN 978-0-9794679-1-2
* "The Balanced Contribution Theory" ISBN 978-0-9794679-0-5
* "Disciplina del Sistema Globale di Navigazione Satellitare", ISSN 1130-2127
* [http://www.famousglobalists.com Famous Globalists]
* [http://dialnet.unirioja.es/servlet/autor?codigo=308750 Dialnet]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.