- Pune Bus Rapid Transit
The city of
Punein India is the first to experiment with a Bus Rapid Transitsystem. PMT started plying pilot routes in December 2006. But this is a flop project in Pune and is adding lots of chaos to road traffic. However on Pune-Satara Road area this project has achieved some success as the time of travelling by bus has been reduced.
* [http://www.pmtpune.org/html/about_us/brts.asp BRTS webpage at PMT website]
* [http://www.discoverpune.com/Pune_BusStop_PuneStation.aspx Pune Buses]
* [http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=211746 BRTS pilot to run on Sunday]
* [http://www.zeenews.com/znnew/articles.asp?aid=339828&sid=REG Pune becomes first city in India to have BRT system]
* [http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=211946 From the bus to tickets, BRT's first run finds many fans]
* [http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=212229 On day three, a smooth ride for BRTS]
* [http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=214268 BRTS work on other roads begins]
* [http://www.indiatogether.org/2007/jan/eco-brtpune.htm Pune's BRT stumbles at the start]
* [http://www.gobrt.org/NewsArchives35-December2006.html Link to Bus Rapid Transit Newsletter for Jan 2007]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.