- John Gierach
John Gierach is an American author and freelance writer who formerly resided on the
St. Vrain Riverin Lyons, Coloradoand now lives in Larimer County, Colorado. His books' themes are based on his various fly fishingadventures, some of which take place with his friend, A.K. Best. A few of his works include "The View from Rat Lake", "Even Brook Trout Get the Blues", and the cult classic--" Trout Bum". His work has appeared in " Gray's Sporting Journal", " Field & Stream" where he is a contributing author, and "Fly, Rod, and Reel" where he is an editor at large. He also writes columns for the "Longmont Daily Times-Call" out of Longmont, Coloradoand the monthly "Redstone Review" and a monthly column for the " The New York Times".
* "Even Brook Trout Get the Blues"
* "The View from Rat Lake"
* "Where the Trout Are All as Long as Your Leg"
* "Sex, Death, and Fly-Fishing"
* "Fly-fishing Small Streams"
* "Fly-fishing the High Country"
* "Still Life with Brook Trout"
* "Standing in a River Waving a Stick"
* "Dances with Trout"
* "Fishing Bamboo"
* "Another Lousy Day in Paradise"
* "At the Grave of the Unknown Fisherman"
* "Good Flies: Favorite Trout Patterns and How They Got That Way"
* "Signs of Life"
* "Death Taxes And Leaky Waders: A John Gierach Fly Fishing Treasury"
* "Fool's Paradise"
* "The Fly Fishing Anthology" (with Mallory Burton and
The following books were written and produced with A.K. Best:
* "A. K. Best's Fly Box: How to Tie the Master Fly-Tyer's Patterns"
* "A. K. Best's Advanced Fly Tying: The Proven Methods and Techniques of a Master Professional Fly Tyer--37 Important Patterns"
* "Dyeing and Bleaching Natural Fly-Tying Materials"
* "Production Fly Tying - A Collection Of Ideas, Notions, Hints, & Variations On The Techniques Of Fly Tying"
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.