Sweep may refer to any of the following:
* To clean using a
* A kind of
oarused for guiding bateaus and similar boats
* In sport rowing, a boat that has only one oar per rower
Sweep (football play)
Sweep (martial arts)
* Sweep, a shot played in
* A nickname for football player
* A team that wins an elimination series in the minimum possible number of games, or that wins all of its regular season games against a particular opponent, is said to have "swept" its opponent. Likewise a team that wins the gold, silver, and bronze medals in an event in the
Olympic Gameshas "swept" the event.
Sweep (horse), a champion thoroughbred race horse
Sweep (book series), a fictional series by Cate Tiernan
Sweep (software), a digital audio editor
Sweep (fish)a number of fish in the suborder Scorpidinae
Sweep account, a kind of bank account
Sweep line algorithm, a concept in computational geometry
Sweep-picking, a guitar technique
Swept wing, a layout of the wings on an airplane
* Sweeps, a system of calculating viewership for television programming
Sweep (puppet), a character on the Sootytelevision show
SWEEPS, the Sagittarius Window Eclipsing Extrasolar Planet Search.
* Sweep, abbreviation of sweepstake, a sales promotion or lottery
* A "sweep" is the sail of a
windmill, particularly in Kentand Sussex.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.