- International Commission for Maritime History
The International Commission for Maritime History (ICMH) was established in 1960 to promote international cooperation and the exchange of ideas in the field of
maritime history. It is affiliated with the [http://www.cish.org/ | International Committee of Historical Sciences] .
Founded as the Commission Internationale d’Histoire Maritime, (or CIHM), it was first organized at Lisbon, Portugal, on 14 September 1960. It is registered in Paris, France, as a non- profit “association étrangère selon le décret-loi du 12 avril 1939” and was authorised by the “Ministère de l’Intérieur” by “arrêté du 7 mai 1965” (See, Journal Officiel of 13 June 1965, p. 4936).
The International Commission for Maritime History is the successor organization to the International Commission for the History of Great Discoveries (ancienne Commission internationale pour l’histoire des grandes découvertes)
Membership in the organisation is my national delegation. At present the following countries have national organizations as members:
* Australia [http://www.aamh.asn.au/ | Australian Association for Maritime History]
Canadian Nautical Research Society
* Denmark [http://www.maritimkontakt.dk/ | The Committee for Danish Maritime History and Anthropology]
* France [http://www.sfhm.asso.fr/ | Sociéte française d'histoire maritime]
* Great Britain
British Commission for Maritime History
* The Netherlands
North American Society for Oceanic History
The following organisations have ICMH associate membership
* [http://www.mun.ca/mhp/imeha.htm | International Maritime Economic History Association] (IMEHA)
* [http://www.swgc.mun.ca/ahns/ | Association of the History of the Northern Seas] (AHNS)
The Secretariat is currently located at the
Merseyside Maritime Museumin Liverpool, the United Kingdom.
International Commission for Maritime Historyc/o Merseyside Maritime MuseumAlbert DockLiverpool L3 4AQUNITED KINGDOM
* President: Dr.
* Immediate past president: Dr.
* Vice-presidents: Dr.
Tapio Bergholm(Finland), Dr. William Glover (Canada), Prof. John Hattendorf(United States)
* Assistant Secretary General: Dr.
* Treasurer: Dr.
Mary Ellen Condon-Rall(United States)
* Official Website [http://www.icmh.org.uk/ | International Commission for Maritime History]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.