- Flanders DC
Flanders District of Creativity or Flanders DC is a non-profit organization founded by the
Flemish government, on 7 May 2004, to make the Flemish economy more competitive through creativity, entrepreneurship, and further internationalization.
* Research: analysis of the role of creativity in the economic growth of a region, and how companies/organisations can get to more creativity and innovation (Flanders Knowledge center in collaboration with Vlerick Leuven Ghent Management School).
* Creating awareness: stimulating policy makers, general public, companies & schools to tap into their creative potential
* Internationalization of creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship through collaboration with 11 other Districts of Creativity. Besides
Flanders, these DC's are Catalunya (Spain),Lombardy (Italy), Québéc (Canada), Rhône-Alpes (France) Karnataka (India),Scotland (UK), Baden-Württemberg (Germany),Oklahoma (US),Shangai (China), Nord-pas-de-Calais (France),Qingdao (China).
* Creativity World Forum (The DC's meet @ the CWF)
* GPS For Entreprises (free idea generation tool)
* Flanders DC Fellows (50 entrepreneurs, managers testify on creative entrepreneurship in schools)
* De Bedenkers (TV Show in collaboration with Flanders DC)
* The Future Summit (Event on trends)
* TriO (schoolkids go to companies to brainstorm with them about their products/services)
* [http://www.flandersdc.be/ Flanders DC] (Flanders DC website and creativity portal)
* [http://www.creativityworldforum.be/ Creativity World Forum]
* [http://www.debedenkers.be/ De Bedenkers]
* [http://www.thefuturesummit.be/ The Future Summit]
Institute for the promotion of Innovation by Science and Technology
Flanders Investment and Trade
SIRRIS, knowledge centre for the technology industry
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.