- Marvel Two-in-One
Marvel Two-In-One Annual #2, 1977. Art by Jim Starlin.
Publication information Publisher Marvel Comics Schedule monthly Format Ongoing Publication date January 1974 - June 1983 Number of issues 100 Main character(s) Thing, plus various guests Creative team Writer(s) various Artist(s) various
Marvel Two-In-One was an American comic book series published by Marvel Comics that featured the Fantastic Four member, the Thing, in a different team-up each issue with a different character. The series continued from the team-up stories starring the Thing in the final two issues of Marvel Feature (1971 series), and lasted for 100 issues, from January 1974, through June 1983. Seven annuals were also published. As the series progressed, many of the characters paired with the Thing were more obscure superheroes (or, on occasion, supervillains). Although popular, the series never attained the commercial success of Marvel Team-Up, which featured Spider-Man in the same format of different guest stars each month.
Many notable comics creators contributed to the series, including Steve Gerber, Frank Miller, Jack Kirby (who did pencils on several covers during its run), John Byrne, John Buscema, George Pérez and Marv Wolfman.
Marvel Two-In-One ended after one hundred issues and was immediately replaced with a solo series dedicated to The Thing.
Issue Character(s) #1 The Liberty Legion #2 Spider-Man, The Avengers vs Thanos #3 Nova vs the Monitors #4 Black Bolt vs Graviton #5 Hulk, The Stranger #6 American Eagle, Ka-Zar, Wyatt Wingfoot vs Klaw #7 Hulk, Sub-Mariner, Wonder Man, Sasquatch, Thor, Colossus, Doc Samson vs The Champion
- Warlock #6 (May 1983, also collected with #1-5 in 1992 trade paperback; reprints MTIO Annual #2)
- The Thing: The Project Pegasus Saga trade paperback (1988; reprints MTIO #53-58, 60)
- Thing: Project Pegasus Premiere hardcover (January 2010; reprints MTIO #42-43, 53-58)
- Adventures of the Thing #1-4 (April 1992 – July 1992; reprints MTIO #50, 80, 51, 77)
- Marvel's Greatest Super Battles trade paperback (1994; includes reprints MTIO Annual #7)
- Marvel Super-Heroes Megazine #5 (February 1995; includes reprint of MTIO #50)
- Thunderbolts: Marvel's Most Wanted trade paperback (1998; includes reprints of MTIO #54, 56)
- Essential Marvel Two-in-One v.1 (November 2005; includes reprints of MTIO #1-20, 22-25, Annual #1)
- Essential Marvel Two-in-One v.2 (June 2007; includes reprints of MTIO #26-52, Annual #2-3)
- Essential Marvel Two-in-One v.3 (July 2009; includes reprints of MTIO #53-77, Annual #4-5)
The first Essential Marvel Two-In-One trade paperback omits issue #21 from the collection, as the licensing rights to the character Doc Savage, who was the guest star in that issue, are no longer held by Marvel.
- An informative MTIO fan site; includes spoiler-free story summaries, artwork, and links to a complete cover gallery
Fantastic Four Creators Main characters Supporting characters Villains Locations PublicationsCurrentPreviousLimited1234 • Before the Fantastic Four: Ben Grimm and Logan • Before the Fantastic Four: Reed Richards • Fantastic Four: The EndOther continuities Storylines Television series FilmsRelated articlesFantastic 4: The Album Video games Other versionsAlternative versions of the Human Torch • Alternative versions of Mister Fantastic • Alternative versions of the Thing • Alternative versions of Doctor Doom Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.