- Spud (disambiguation)
Spudis a common nickname for the potato.
Spud may also refer to:
Idaho Spud, a candy bar made by the Idaho Candy Company
Spud bar, a hand tool designed to deliver blows to a target
Spud (novel)", a 2005 comedy novel by John Howard van de Ruit
* Spud the big, black, gay cat. He is commonly known as "Spud the Stud" due to the fact that he is a stud and his name is Spud. He also plays a starring role on the website for "Nature's Variety" as an example of the benefits raw food can have on the health of household pets [http://www.naturesvariety.com/rotation_video] .
SPUD (game), a children's game
Spuds, Florida, a town in the United States
* Spud the scarecrow, a character in the TV series "
Bob the Builder"
Spuds MacKenzie, canine mascot in an advertising campaign for Bud Light beer in the late 1980s
* "Murphy's Spuds" or "The Spuds", an early-1900s nickname of the
Chicago Cubsbaseball team when their owner was Charles W. Murphy.
* Drilling an oil and/or gas well; using the drill bit to start the well drilling process by removing dirt, rock and other sedimentary material
* A spud in wrestling slang is a match that involves many legitimate punches.
Spud (plumbing)is a metal part that couples a metal pipe with a channel in a porcelain fixture, such as urinal or toilet.
* "Bud the Spud", a song by
Stompin' Tom Connors
* "Spud Dud", a
* "Addicted to Spuds", a song by
"Weird Al" Yankovic
Jim Bolger(born 1935), former Prime Minister of New Zealand, dubbed "Spud" by media
Spud One, a Boeing 727used by Jim Bolger
Spud Chandler(1907–1990), American baseball player
James Curtin(born 1983), British professional wrestler who uses the ring name "Spud"
Danny Frawley(born 1963), former Australian rules footballer and coach
Arthur "Spud" P. Spudinski, a fictional character in the animated series "American Dragon: Jake Long"
* Anthony "Spud" Webb (born 1963), American basketball player
Mark Carroll (rugby league)(born 1967), Australian rugby league player
* Daniel Murphy, a character in the book and movie
Trainspotting, played by Ewen Bremnerin the movie.
* Simon "Spud" Beggs, former guitarist in metal/punk band
* Calum "Spud" Fraser, notable bagpiper. [http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/3507224.stm] [http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16510895&method=full&siteid=66633&headline=madge-misses-jaunt-to-skibo--name_page.html]
SPUD is an acronym for:
Small potatoes urban delivery, the largest home delivery company in Canada
Spud mud, mud used to drill a well from surface to a shallow depth
Spud gun, a child's toy or a larger pipe-based cannon
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.