- You Kill Me
name = You Kill Me
caption = Theatrical release poster
writer = Christopher Markus
Ben Kingsley Téa Leoni Luke Wilson Dennis Farina
June 22, 2007
runtime = 93 min.
language = English
budget = $4 million
gross = $3,382,515
website = http://www.youkillmethefilm.com/
amg_id = 1:348655
imdb_id = 0796375
"You Kill Me" is a 2007
mafia comedy thriller film. Directed by John Dahl( Kill Me Again, Red Rock West, The Last Seduction, Joy Ride, The Great Raid), it stars Ben Kingsley, Luke Wilson, Téa Leoni, Philip Baker Hall, and Bill Pullman.
Frank Falenczyk (
Ben Kingsley) is a hit manfor his Polish mobfamily in Buffalo, New York. He has a drinking problem, and when he messes up a critical assignment that puts the family business in peril, his uncle Roman Krzeminski ( Philip Baker Hall) sends him to San Franciscoto clean up his act. He is forced to accept a job at a mortuary, and to go to Alcoholics Anonymousmeetings, where he confesses what job he has, and explains that he wants to get rid of his drinking problem because it affects his capability of properly killing people. He falls for Laurel Pearson ( Téa Leoni), a quirky client he meets at the funeral home. Meanwhile, things aren't going well in Buffalo where an upstart Irish gang threatens the family business, and when violence erupts, Frank is forced to return home and with an unlikely assist from Laurel, faces old rivals on new terms.
Ben Kingsleyas Frank Falenczyk
Téa Leonias Laurel Pearson
Luke Wilsonas Tom
Dennis Farinaas Edward O'Leary
Philip Baker Hallas Roman Krzeminski
Bill Pullmanas Dave
* Marcus Thomas as Stef Krzeminski
Jayne Eastwoodas Kathleen Fitzgerald
* Though much of the film takes place in San Francisco, only one day of filming took place there.
* The film was shot in 26 days.
* You are able to see "The Phantom of the Opera" on a TV during the movie.
* In the scene in the park where Frank is hiding behind trees while Laurel times him, Frank stands three times by a black car. The license plate on that car changes from California to Manitoba and back to California.
* The supposed Buffalo train station is full of Via Rail Canada signs, but nary an Amtrak sign, even though we hear an Amtrak train announcement on the soundtrack.
* At the airport, personnel checking boarding tickets and screening bags wear generic patches saying "Airport Security." In fact, this would be done by TSA personnel in their recognizable uniforms.
* In the scene where Frank tells Tom his occupation in the toll booth, Tom's hair alternates between being neatly parted and windswept several times.
* When Frank and Laurel are sitting in the mall (food court), addressing envelopes to the next of kin he killed 'wrong' , we see a store sign in the background, Telus. A telecommunications company based in Canada, which does NOT serve the US, let alone San Francisco.
Similar films include:
Grosse Pointe Blank," in which a hit man gets back to his hometown after 10 years, for seeing his old girlfriend, he thought about the last 10 years.
* [http://www.youkillmethefilm.com/ Official site]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.