call_letters = KORO-TV
analog = 28 (UHF)
digital = 27 (UHF)
airdate = April 1977 [The "Broadcasting and Cable Yearbook" says
April 15, while the "Television and Cable Factbook" says April 13.]
Corpus Christi, Texas
callsign_meaning = ORO = Spanish for gold
owner = Entravision Communications Corporation
licensee = Entravision Holdings, LLC
former_affiliations = SIN (1977-1987)
effective_radiated_power = 1450 kW (analog)
1000 kW (digital)
HAAT = 287.3 m (both)
facility_id = 64877
coordinates = coord|27|42|28.9|N|97|37|59.9|W|type:landmark_scale:2000
homepage = [http://www.korotv.com | KOROTV.COM ]
KORO-TV is a Spanish-language
television stationin Corpus Christi, Texas, broadcasting locally on channel 28 as an affiliate of Univisión. The station is owned by Entravision.
KORO-TV was founded in 1977 as a locally owned, mostly independent station airing programs of the then SIN (Spanish International Network), a forerunner of Univision. The original owners included lawyers, doctors, and other professionals.
The nearly thousand foot tall tower was shared by KORO-TV and the then KBCB-FM (now KRYS-FM).
KORO-TV's call letters are pronounced in station IDs as "K-Oro" (Ka-Oro).
In early 2008, KORO-TV launched a new website featuring news, weather and more. The link to the page is on the right side and bottom of this page.
* Noticias Univision 28 a las 5 PM (Mondays thru Fridays 5:00 P.M. - 5:30 P.M.)
* Noticias Univision 28 a las 10 PM (Monday thru Fridays 10:00 P.M. - 10:30 P.M.)
* Angel Covarrubias: 5 pm and 10 pm Anchor and News Director
* Nadia Torres: 5 pm Co-Anchor, 10 p.m. meteorologist (filling in for Nelly Guzman who is on maternity leave)
* Leslie Enriquez: 10pm Co-Anchor/Reporter
* Gabriella Salas-Morrow: Reporter
* Mireya Garcia: Reporter
* Mary Ramirez: 5 p.m. voice-over meteorologist
* Nadia Torres: 10 p.m. meteorologist (see Anchors)
* Hugo Marciales: 5 pm and 10 pm Sports Director
* Fernando Pizarro: 10 pm Univision National Correspondent (based in
* [http://www.korotv.com/ KORO's Official news, weather and sports site]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.