- Polar Bears (band)
Polar Bears, are an
indie rockband from Santa Rosa, Californiawho currently play in and around the North Bay music scene. They have toured nationally with long time friends The Velvet Teenand have done numerous West Coast tours since their inception in 2001. In March 2004, they released an EP, "Shorts Are for Warm", on Petaluma-based record label, Pandacide. More recently, in early 2007, Polar Bears self-released their full-length album, "The Future King". Currently this album is only available directly from the band at their live shows and from The Last Record Store in Santa Rosa. Polar Bears are notable in the Sonoma County music scene for being one of the biggest drawing and intensely furious live bands in the area. Their following has steadily grown during their existence, being prominently featured in publications such as the North Bay Bohemian and Metroactive.com. Bands that Polar Bears have shared the stage with include: Cursive (band), Nomeansno, The Casket Lotteryand Aloha (band).
*Ben Henning - Bass, Vocals
*Shane Goepel - Drums, Vocals (Litany for the Whale)
*Matthew Izen - Guitar, Vocals (
The New Trust, The Velvet Teen)
*"Shorts Are for Warm" - 2004 (
*"The Future King" - 2007 (Self-released)
* [http://www.polarbearpatrol.com Polar Bears Official Website]
* [http://www.myspace.com/wearepolarbears Polar Bears on MySpace.com]
* [http://www.pandacide.com/bands.html Polar Bears page on the Pandacide Records website]
* [http://www.bohemian.com/bohemian/06.20.07/polar-bears-0725.html Two Articles by Sara Bir: Back to the Future//Time Capsule] .
* [http://www.metroactive.com/papers/sonoma/03.17.04/polar-0412.html Always Energy - Interview]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.