- K (disambiguation)
Kis the eleventh letter of the Latin alphabet.
K may also refer to:
International Telecommunications Unionprefix for the United Statesalong with AA-AL, N& W. U.S. broadcast stationsprimarily use the initial call letter K for stations west of the Mississippi River.
Chrysler K platform, 1981-1995 car design used by Chrysler
K (programming language), an array processing language developed by Arthur Whitney and commercialized by Kx Systems
K (cider), a British draft cider manufactured and distributed by the Gaymer Cider Company of Bath, England
K band, radio frequency from 12 to 93 GHz
Low-K, the dielectric constant in semiconductors, electronics, and physics
K-theory, a topic in branches of topology and algebra
K–12 education, a designation for the sum of primary and secondary education, used mainly in North America
Vitamin K, a group of vitamins that are needed to promote blood coagulation
K-factor, several unrelated terms in physics, engineering, telecommunications and chess
* K also refers to Indian Philosopher
internet slang'k' is an abbreviation for OK, which is, in itself, an abbreviation for okay.
In fiction and literature
K', also known as "K Dash" or "K Prime", a "King of Fighters" character
* K, the title of a 1915 novel by
Mary Roberts Rinehart.
* K, the protagonist of "The Castle" (novel)
* K, a character in the manga and anime "Gravitation" (manga)
* K, the main character in the TV series "Robotto Keiji" ("
* K, Todd and Riley's adoptive superspy mother on the Disney program "The Replacements" (TV series)
* K, the character played by Tommy Lee Jones in "Men in Black" (film) and "Men in Black 2".
* K, a constructed language invented by
* Joseph K., the protagonist of Kafka's 1925 novel, "
* "K" (album), 1996 album by Kula Shaker
K Records, independent record company based in Olympia, Washington
* "K" (The Tutts single), 2006 song by The Tutts
K (singer)(b. 1983), a Korean singer who works in Japan as a J-pop singer
* K, the "Keskustapuolue", the
Centre Party (Finland)
* K, the politics and followers of President of Argentina
Néstor Kirchner(b. 1950)
As a symbol or abbreviation
* K, 1000
* k, symbol of the
kilo-prefix in the SIand other systems of unit that denotes multiples of 1000
kilobyte(more correctly kB) meaning 1024 bytes
potassium(from its Latin name "kalium")
amino acid, one-letter designation for the amino acid lysine
kelvin, the SI unitof thermodynamic temperature
* "k", the
spring constant, a constant relating deformation (strain) and force applied (stress) to a material body
* "k" or "k"sub|B, the
Boltzmann constant, the physical constant relating energy and temperature at the particle level
* "k", angular wavenumber of a wave
* K or Kt, carat, a measurement of gold
ketamine, a street abbreviation for a recreational drug
* K, the
Kyocera' s mobile phones in Japan
* K, a
strikeoutin baseball scoring
* K, a contract in
* k, a
voiceless velar plosivein the International Phonetic Alphabet
equilibrium constant(also "K"sub|c and "K"sub|p)
* or "K",
relative static permittivity(dielectric constant)
KT fr:K id:K ku:K nl:K nn:K sq:K sr:K uk:K
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.