Infobox_Company | company_name = Beriev Aircraft Company
ТАНТК им. Г. М. Бериева
company_type = Private
foundation = 1934
location = HQ in Taganrog; production facilities in
key_people = Viktor A. Kobzev; General Director
industry = Aerospace and defense
products = aircraft, primarily
homepage = [http://www.beriev.com/ www.beriev.com]
The Beriev Aircraft Company, formerly Beriev Design Bureau, is a
Russian aircraftmanufacturer (design office prefix Be), specializing in amphibious aircraft. The company was founded in Taganrogin the 1934 as OKB-49 by Georgy Mikhailovich Beriev(born February 13, 1903), and since that time has designed and produced more than 20 different models of aircraft for civilian and military purposes, as well as customized models. Today the Company employs some 3000 specialists and is developing and manufacturing amphibious aircraft.
Two hundred and 28 world aviation records have been broken by pilots flying Beriev seaplanes. The records are registered and acknowledged by the
Fédération Aéronautique Internationale. In November 1989 BERIEV Aircraft Company became the only defense industry enterprise to win the Prize for Quality awarded by the Government of Russia. [ cite web |url=http://www.beriev.com/eng/core_e.html |title=Beriev Aircraft Company |accessdate=2008-05-28 ]
In the summer of 2002, Irkut raised its 40 percent holding in the Beriev Design Bureau to a controlling stake. [ [http://www.referenceforbusiness.com/history2/13/Irkut-Corporation.html Irkut Corporation - Company Profile] ]
Aircraft designed by Beriev
* Beriev A-40 'Albatros', the largest multipurpose amphibian airplane in the world.
* Beriev A-50 'Shmel', a modified
Ilyushin Il-76modified into an AWACSrole.
* Beriev A-60
* Beriev Be-1, prototype wing in ground effect (WIG) aircraft.
* Beriev Be-2, seaplane.
* Beriev Be-4, parasol-wing flying boat.
* Beriev Be-6, flying boat used for firefighting duty.
* Beriev Be-8, passenger/liaison amphibian.
* Beriev Be-10, jet-engined flying boat.
* Beriev Be-12 'Chayka', Amphibious aircraft, similar in function to the
Canadair CL-415, used for anti-submarine warfare, based upon the Be-6.
* Beriev Be-30
* Beriev Be-101 proposed light amphibian with one propeller engine.
* Beriev Be-103 Bekas, a light amphibian, intended for passenger transport, medical aid, patrol and tourism.
* Beriev Be-112 proposed twin-engined propeller amphibian airplane.
* Beriev Be-200, a large multipurpose amphibian airplane.
* Beriev Be-32, a multipurpose airplane meant for cargo/passenger transport, patrol and expeditions.
* Beriev A-42, an updated version of A-40, recently adopted into service in a
SARand antisubmarine roles, production to begin in 2010.
* Beriev A-42PE, a unique Search and Rescue
SARairplane, powered by propfanengines.
* Beriev Be-2500 Neptune, a proposed super-heavy amphibian cargo aircraft with a max takeoff weight of 2500 metric tons (planned).
* Beriev MBR-2
* Beriev R-1
* Bartini Beriev
VVA-14, an amphibious anti-submarine aircraft, only prototypes were produced.
* [http://www.beriev.com/ Official site in English]
* [http://www.beriev-usa.com US division]
* [http://www.taganrogcity.com/beriev.html Beriev Aircraft Corp. in the Taganrog Business Directory]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.