- The Second Supper
The Second Supper is a web site and newspaper published in
La Crosse, Wisconsinby students from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosseas well as writers and contributors from La Crosse, Wisconsinand Winona, Minnesota. Founded by Joe Gullo - now an employee of The Onion- it is recognized by the student government of University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. [ [http://www.uwlax.edu/uc/SO_Guide/so_interest.htm Special Interest Organizations | University Centers | University of Wisconsin-La Crosse ] ] The newspaper is published weekly from its headquarters in Downtown La Crosse.
Originally created as a satirical newspaper, The Second Supper has since 2007 become more of a serious publication, though still containing a sense of humor. Weekly issues include music, new films, cult classics, and book reviews, as well as Q&A's with established and up and coming bands such as Hanson,
Wes Borland, Bang Camaro, That 1 Guy, Jackyl, and The Scorpions. Local interest stories and editorial columns take up the main share of content, often sticking to a universal theme for the week's issue.
* Mike Keith - "Publisher"
* Adam Bissen - "Editor-in-Chief"
* Briana Rupel - "Copy Editor"
* Ben Clark - "Student Editor, Science Columnist"
* Brett Emerson - "Music/Book/Cult Classics Reviewer,Columnist, Music Interviewer"
* Nicholas Cabreza - "Movie Reviewer, Cartoonist"
* Emily Faeth - "Columnist, Sales"
* Maria Pint - "College Columnist"
* Scott Brown - "Webmaster"
* [http://secondsupper.com/ The Second Supper]
* [http://myspace.com/secondsupper The Second Supper Myspace]
* [http://issuu.com/joelkuennen/docs/second_supper_issue_123 SECOND SUPPER DIGITAL ARCHIVE]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.