- Isaiah 53
Isaiah 53, taken from the
Book of Isaiah, is the last of the four Songs of the Suffering Servant, and tells the story of "The Suffering Servant". The passage is famous for its interpretation by many Christiansto be prophesy of the coming of Jesus, being written over 700 years before his birth. This interpretation is rejected by Jewishtheologians, most of whom believe the servant to be the nation of Israel.
* [http://www.jewsforjudaism.org/web/handbook/s_faq.html The Jewish Response To Missionaries by Jews for Judaism founder Rabbi Bentzion Kravitz]
* [http://www.messiahtruth.com/isai53a.html Messiah Truth]
* [http://www.outreachjudaism.org/isaiah2.html Isaiah 53 by Rabbi Tovia Singer]
* [http://www.outreachjudaism.org/biblical.html Audio Downloads of Judaism’s response to Isaiah 53 available at Outreach Judaism]
* [http://www.uhcg.org/suffering-servant/The-Servant-vs-jc.html A Jewish refutation of Christian interpretation]
* [http://www.chaim.org/nation.htm Why the Suffering Servant cannot be Israel, but must be the Messaiah]
* [http://www.christiancourier.com/articles/read/was_jesus_the_suffering_servant_of_isaiah_53 One Christian's interpretation of Isaiah 53]
* [http://www.bible.org/page.asp?page_id=2553 A Christian examination of Isaiah 53]
* [http://experts.about.com/q/Conservative-Judaism-951/isiah-53.htm A Jewish explanation of the text from Rabbi Dov]
* [http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/63255/jewish/The-Bible-with-Rashi.htm Text of Tanach, Judica Press]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.