- List of airports in the United States Virgin Islands
This is a list of airports in the United States Virgin Islands(a U.S. territory), grouped by type and sorted by location. It includes all public-use airports; some private-use airports may be included where notable (this could include airports which were previously public-use, those with commercial enplanements recorded by the FAAor airports assigned an IATAairport code).
Descriptions of each column can be found below in the Notes section.
Airport names show in bold indicate the airport has scheduled service on commercial airlines.
* CITY is the city generally associated with the airport.
* FAA is the FAA
Location Identifier, which may be the same as the IATA airport code.
* IATA is the
IATA airport code; those which do not match the FAA code are shown in bold.
* ICAO is the
ICAO airport code.
* AIRPORT is the official airport name.
* ROLE is one of four
FAA airport categoriesas per the 2007-2011 National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (NPIAS) Report.
** PR: Commercial Service - Primary are publicly owned airports which receive scheduled passenger service and have more than 10,000 passenger boardings each year.
** CS: Commercial Service - Non-Primary are publicly owned airports which receive scheduled passenger service and have at least 2,500 passenger boardings each year.
** RL: Reliever airports are designated by the FAA to relieve congestion at a large commercial service airport and to provide more general aviation access to the overall community.
General Aviationairports are the largest single group of airports in the U.S. airport system.
* ENPL. is the number of enplanements (commercial passenger boardings) that occurred at the airport in
calendar year2005, as per FAA records.
Transportation on the United States Virgin Islands
Federal Aviation Administration(FAA):
* [http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraffic/airports/airport_safety/airportdata_5010/ FAA Airport Data (Form 5010)] from National Flight Data Center (NFDC), also available from [http://www.gcr1.com/5010web/ AirportIQ 5010] .
* [http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraffic/airports/planning_capacity/npias/ FAA National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (NPIAS)] for 2007-2011, as published on October 2, 2006.
* [http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraffic/airports/planning_capacity/passenger_allcargo_stats/passenger/ FAA Passenger Boarding Data] for 2005, as published on November 26, 2006.
* [http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraffic/air_traffic/publications/atpubs/LID/L_H3.htm FAA Location Identifiers (Order 7350.7Z): Caribbean ICAO Identifiers (Section 6H)] , published March 15, 2007.
url = http://www.icao.int/anb/aig/Taxonomy/R4CDLocationIndicatorsbystate.pdf
title = ICAO Location Indicators by State
International Civil Aviation Organization
date = 2006-01-12
url = http://www.unece.org/cefact/locode/vi.htm
title = UN Location Codes: Virgin Islands, U.S.] [includes IATA codes
publisher = UNECE
date = 2007-04-30
* [http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gclookup?Q=state:US-VI Great Circle Mapper: Airports in the Virgin Islands, U.S.] - FAA, IATA and ICAO airport codes.
* [http://aviation-safety.net/ Aviation Safety Network] - IATA and ICAO airport codes
*Lists of airports in the U.S. Virgin Islands:
** [http://www.airnav.com/airports/vi/ AirNav]
** [http://www.aircraft-charter-world.com/airports/centralamerica/usvirgisl.htm Aircraft Charter World]
** [http://www.the-airport-guide.com/search.php?by=country&search=Virgin+Islands The Airport Guide]
** [http://www.worldaerodata.com/countries/Virgin_Islands.php World Aero Data]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.