- SMRT Corporation
company_name = SMRT Corporation
company_type = Public (SGX: [http://info.sgx.com/serviceapp.nsf/Cpy/S53 S53] )
6 March 2000
key_people = Choo Chiau Beng (Chairman)
Saw Phaik Hwa (President and Chief Executive Officer)
Yeo Meng Hin (Deputy President and Chief Operating Officer)
Lim Cheng Cheng (Executive Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer)
products = Bus and Rail Services
revenue = profit S$802.1 million
operating_income = profit S$178 million
net_income = profit S$149.9 million
num_employees = 5555 (4QFY08)
parent = Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd
homepage = [http://www.smrt.com.sg www.smrt.com.sg]
SMRT Corporation (sgx|S53) is a
public transportoperator incorporated on March 6, 2000, as a result of an industry overhaul to form multi-modal public-transport operators in Singapore. It is the second-largest public-transport company in Singapore after ComfortDelGro. As a holding companylisted on the Singapore Exchangesince July 26, 2000, it operates bus, rail, taxi and other public-transport services via several wholly-owned subsidiaries.
SMRT TrainsLtd [http://www.smrt.com.sg/] (formerly Singapore MRT Ltd)
SMRT Light RailPte Ltd (formerly Singapore LRT Pte Ltd)
SMRT BusesLimited [http://www.smrt.com.sg] (formerly Trans-Island Bus ServicesLimited)
SMRT TaxisPte Ltd [http://www.smrt.com.sg] (formerly TIBS Taxis Pte Ltd)
* [http://www.smrtautomotive.com.sg/ SMRT Automotive Services Pte Ltd (SMRT Automotive)] (formerly TIBS Motors Pte Ltd)
* [http://www.smrtbuses.com.sg/transport/ssb/ Singapore Shuttle Bus (Pte) Ltd (SSB)]
* [http://www.busplus.com.sg/ Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd (Bus-Plus)]
* [http://www.smrt.com.sg/smrt_engrg/index.htm SMRT Engineering Pte Ltd (SMRT Engineering)]
* [http://www.smrt.com.sg/smrt_investment/index.htm SMRT Investments Pte Ltd (SMRT Investments)]
* RFP Investments Pte Ltd (RFPI)
* SMRT International Pte Ltd (SMRTI)
SMRT's primary business is providing public-transport services in Singapore. Its main operations are the following:
* SMRT Trains operates the 51 stations along the North-South and East-West lines of the Mass Rapid Transit network. It uses a
third railfor power collection.
* SMRT Light Rail operates and manages the 14 stations along the
Bukit Panjang LRT Line.
SMRT Busesoperates a fleet of more than 800 buses, serving selected housing estates in northern and north-western Singapore.
* SMRT Taxis manages about 2,000 taxis.
Key operating statistics
Monthly Ridership for Bus and Rail [ [http://www.smrt.com.sg/investors/key_operating_matrix_MRT.asp SMRT Website - Monthly total MRT Ridership ] ]
* Bus ridership are in terms of thousands.
* SMRT's monthly train ridership exceeded 40 million trips for the first time in November 2007.
* [http://www.smrt.com.sg SMRT Corporation]
* [http://www.addsense.org/company/show/S53.SI Tracking SMRT's company information]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.