- Allen Linden
Allen Martin Linden (born October 7, 1934 in
Toronto, Ontario) is a supernumary judge of the Federal Court of Appeal. Linden attended the University of Toronto, York University's Osgoode Hall Law Schooland University of California at Berkeley. He was called to the Bar in Ontario in 1960.
Linden was an associate at Levinter, Grossberg, Dryden & Co., until he left to teach at
Osgoode Hall Law Schoolfrom 1961 to 1978. In 1978, he was appointed to the Superior Court of Ontario. He became the president of the Law Reform Commission of Canadafrom 1983 to 1990. In 1990, he was appointed to the Federal Court of Appeal.
Linden has a nephew,
David G. Coles,Q.C.who is a successful and prominent Nova Scotia based lawyer.
* Report of the Osgoode Hall Study on Compensation for Victims of Automobile Accidents, (1965)
* The Canadian Judiciary, (1976)
* La responsabilité civile délictuelle, (1988)
* Canadian Tort Law, 6th ed., (1997).
* Canadian Tort Law: Cases. Notes and Materials, 11th ed., (1999), co-author.
* [http://www.fca-caf.gc.ca/about/bios/linden_e.shtml Allen Martin Linden] at the [http://www.fca-caf.gc.ca/index_e.shtml Federal Court of Appeal]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.