- Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park
Infobox Amusement park
name = Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park
caption = Mt. Olympus entrance
location = Wisconsin Dells
location2 = Wisconsin
location3 = United States flagicon|USA
address = 1887 Wisconsin Dells Parkway
phone_numbers = 608.254.2490
homepage = [http://mtolympuspark.com/ Mt. Olympus Website]
season = May through October (Outdoor Water & Theme Park)Year-Round (Indoor Water & Theme Park)
opening_date = 2004
previous_names = Big Chief's Karts and Coasters, Family Land, Bay Of Dreams, Treasure Island Resort, Pleasant View Motel (names of former properties merged)
rides = 53 (7 coasters, 37 waterslides, and 9 go kart tracks)
Mount Olympus Water and Theme Park is a theme park and a waterpark complex in
Wisconsin Dells, WI. Mt. Olympus consists of four areas of the park: Zeus' Playground (outdoor theme park), Neptune's Water Kingdom (outdoor waterpark), The Parthenon ( indoor theme park), & Medusa's Indoor Waterpark. Mt. Olympus also has two on site hotels: Hotel Rome: A Mt. Olympus Resort and Mt. Olympus Value Motel.
In 2004, "Big Chief Carts and Coasters" owner Nick Laskaris decided with the addition of roller coasters to change the park name to Mt. Olympus Theme Park and go with a Greek-Roman theme. Later that year, Mt. Olympus merged with Monte Mattei's "Treasure Island Waterpark Resort" (consisting of Treasure Island's Family Land Waterpark & Bay of Dreams Indoor Waterpark) to create the Dells' only mega-park, Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Park. To accomplish the physical connection between these two separated attractions, they bought the Playday Motel and demolished it so that they could create a pathway from the resort to the amusement park.
March 2007 Acquisition
March 15 2007, the Laskaris Family, owners of Mt. Olympus, purchased the "Treasure Island Resort", the "Captain ’s Quarters", "Pleasant View Motel", The "Bay of Dreams Indoor Waterpark" and the former "Family Land Outdoor Waterpark" properties. With the acquisition from the Mattei family, Mt. Olympus added 60 acres of real estate to Mt. Olympus, bringing the total area to over convert|156|acre|km2|1. This includes over 1 1/2 miles of frontage on the Wisconsin Dells Parkway (Hwy 12/23).
*2008: "Hotel Rome: A Mt. Olympus Resort" and "The River Troy"
*2007: "Poseidon's Rage Surf Pool" and "Apollo's Swing"
*2006: "The Parthenon Indoor Theme Park" and "Thunder and Lightning Speed Slides"
*2005: "Hades" roller coaster and "Triton's Waterslide Tower"
Zeus' Playground is the outdoor theme park section at Mt. Olympus. It consists of
go-karts, roller coasters,and a few other rides.
* Hades - A wooden roller coaster with a 65-degree drop, the world’s longest underground tunnel and reaches speeds up to convert|70|mi/h|km/h|-1|abbr=on. It has a drop height of convert|140|ft|m|-1|abbr=on.
* Pegasus - A wooden roller coaster built over Medusa's Drop. It covers convert|1600|ft|m of track, reaches heights of convert|60|ft|m|0 and has a convert|45|ft|m|1|sing=on drop.
* Cyclops - A wooden roller coaster featuring a convert|75|ft|m|1|sing=on drop. The highest point is convert|70|ft|m|0 above the ground and intertwines with Zeus and Hades.
* Zeus - A convert|2700|ft|m|1|sing=on long wooden roller coaster. It passes through a forest, climbs a convert|90|ft|m|0|sing=on hill, then falls at convert|60|mi/h|km/h|-1|abbr=on down an convert|85|ft|m|1|sing=on drop.
* Little Titans - A small junior roller coaster
* Titan's Tower
* Poseidon Underwater Go-Kart Track - The track goes up and down towers, and also takes an underwater route.
* Hermes' Turbo Track - The fastest track at the park.
* Trojan Horse - The ride consists of a multi-level, three story track and right through the belly of the horse. This track rages down convert|35|ft|m|1 around tight turns and back to the top again.
* Helios Track - This multi-level track go up and around and back down again.
* Batting Cages - 25 cent coin operated
* Apollo's Swing - The convert|100|ft|m|-1|sing=on tall Apollo’s Swing is a prototype
Screamin' Swingthat seats four passengers, allowing it to achieve convert|75|mi/h|km/h|0|abbr=on.
Neptune's Water Kingdom
Neptune's Water Kingdom is the outdoor waterpark section.
* Blue Magnum Mat Slides - Mat slides (formerly named individually, "Wipeout", "The Kamikaze", "Corkscrew", and "Twister")
* Thunder - Speed slide
* Lightning - Enclosed speed slide
* Triton's Fury - convert|340|ft|m|0|sing=on family raft ride
* Triton's Rage - convert|550|ft|m|0|sing=on family raft ride
* Triton's Challenge - Side-by-side, convert|350|ft|m|0|sing=on six-lane downhill mat racer
* Double Barrel - Enclosed tube slide
* Double Trouble - Tube slide
* Deuces Wild - Tube slide
* Demon's Drop - A body slide featuring an convert|85|ft|m|1|sing=on drop
* Dragon's Tail - A convert|300|ft|m|-1|sing=on long double drop
* Comet - Children's slide
* Little Dipper - Children's slide
* Poseidon's Rage - One of the world's largest surf pools featuring the world's tallest surf wave at over convert|9|ft|m
* Tidal Wave - The first wave pool to open at the park
* Huck's Lagoon - An interactive children's water play area featuring tunnels, six watersides, cannons, and multi-level hands-on water activities
* Kiddy City - One of Mt. Olympus' three children's water play areas featuring an elephant slide, gorilla swings, rainmaker geysers, and watersides
* Endless River - Lazy river
* Bumper Boats
The Parthenon is the Dells' first indoor theme park.
* OPA Roller Coaster - A spinning
Wild Mouseroller coaster
* Bumper Cars
* Spring Ride
* Tea Cups
* Crazy Trolley
* Alien Ball Pit
* The Parthenon Arcade
Medusa's Indoor Waterpark
Medusa's Indoor Waterpark is the convert|55000|sqft|m2|-2|sing=on
indoor waterparkat Mt. Olympus.
* Anaconda - Tube slide that is over 10 stories high
* Boa - Tube slide
* Cobra - Enclosed body slide
* Diamondback - Body slide
* Hispaniola Bay - A children's area with a convert|35|ft|m|1|sing=on long pirate ship complete with tattered sails, tunnels, five water slides, waterspouts, and many geysers
* Warriors Water Walk - Net walk area and a basketball pool
* Mayan Raging River - Lazy river
* Jaguar Hot Tub
* Sacred Well Whirlpool
* [http://www.mtolympuspark.com/ Mt.Olympus Website]
* 2006 Wisconsin Dells Travel and Attraction Guide
* 2007 Wisconsin Dells Travel and Attraction Guide (Ad-Lit)
* 2007 Wis. Dells Vacation Magazine (Wis. Dells VCB)
* [http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=268554 JS Online: Three Dells Attractions to become one]
* [http://www.mtolympuspark.com Mt. Olympus Official Website]
* [http://www.thehotelrome.com The Hotel Rome Website]
* [http://www.themeparksonly.com/park.php?park=18 Mt. Olympus at ThemeparksOnly]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.