- Kensington Books
Kensington Books Founded 1974 Founder Walter Zacharius Country of origin United States Headquarters location New York City Publication types Books Official website kensingtonbooks.com
Kensington Publishing Corp. is an American book publisher.
Kensington was founded in 1974 by Walter Zacharius, formerly of Lancer Books. Steven Zacharius became president and CEO in 2005. Vice president Michael Rosamilia has been the CFO since 1989. Laurie Parkin is the vice president and publisher. Adam Zacharius, grandson of Walter, and son of Steven, works in the family business.
Kensington is a commercial trade publisher in mass market paperback, trade paperback and hardcover books. It is the largest remaining independent US publisher of these books. Kensington acquired Pinnacle Books in 1988. It acquired Citadel Press in 2000, making it the focal point for Kensington's non-fiction program. In 2008 Kensington acquired the publishing assets of Holloway House.
Kensington's Dafina imprint specializes in fiction and non-fiction for the African-American market and features authors such as Carl Weber, Mary Monroe, and Mary B. Morrison. A 2000s co-venture imprint with Just Us Books, called Marimba Books, features multicultural children's books.
- Aphrodisia (erotica)
- Brava (erotic romance)
- Citadel (general non-fiction, Lyle Stuart)
- Dafina (African-American)
- Pinnacle (commercial fiction: thrillers, true crime)
- Twin Streams (wicca, alternative health)
- Urban Soul (women's fiction, joint venture with Urban Books)
- Vibe Street Lit
- Zebra (romance, and formerly science fiction and fantasy)
- Precious Gems
Citadel Press "100" series
The Citadel Press "100" series is a series of books published by the Citadel Press about 100 most influential persons in particular category.
- The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History by Michael H. Hart, 1978
- The Black 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential African-Americans, Past and Present, Columbus Salley, 1993
- The Civil War 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential People in the War Between the States, Robert Wooster, 1998
- The Fictional 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Characters in World Literature and Legend, Lucy Pollard-Gott, 1998
- The Film 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential People in the History of the Movies, Scott Smith[disambiguation needed ], 1998
- The Gay 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Gay Men and Lesbians, Past and Present, Paul Elliott Russell, 2002
- The Golf 100: Ranking the Greatest Golfers of All Time, Robert McCord, 2001
- The 100 Greatest Heroes: Inspiring Profiles of One Hundred Men and Women Who Changed the World, H. Paul Jeffers, 2003
- The Hispanic 100: A Ranking of the Latino Men and Women Who Have Most Influenced American Thought and Culture, Himilce Novas, 1995
- The Italian 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential, Cultural, Scientific, and Political Figures, Past and Present by Stephen J. Spignesi and Michael Vena, 1998
- The Jewish 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Jews of All Time by Michael Shapiro, 1994
- The Legal 100: A Ranking of the Individuals Who Have Most Influenced the Law, Darien A. McWhirter, 1998
- The Medical 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential People in Medicine, Past and Present, John G. Simmons, 1999
- The Military 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Military Leaders of All Time, Michael Lee Lanning, 1996
- The Scientific 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Scientists, Past and Present, John G. Simmons, 2000
- The Wealthy 100: From Benjamin Franklin to Bill Gates - A Ranking of the Richest Americans, Past and Present, Michael Klepper and Robert Gunther, 1996
- The World War II 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Figures of the Second World War, Howard Langer, 2001
Similar titles by other publishers
- The Canadian 100: 100 Most Influential Canadians of the 20th Century, Graham Rawlinson, Arthur & Co.,1998
- 100 Hispanic-Americans Who Shaped American History, Rick Laezman, Bluewood Books, 2002
- The Irish 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Irish Men and Women of All Time, Tom Philbin, Andrews McMeel Publishers, 1999, ISBN 0836268415
- Movers & Shakers: The 100 Most Influential Figures in Modern Business, Bloomsbury Publishing, 2003
- 100 Native Americans Who Shaped American History, Bonnie Juettner, Bluewood Books, 2002
- The Literary 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Novelists, Playwrights, and Poets of All Time by Daniel S. Burt, Checkmark Books, 2000
- The Scottish 100: Portraits of History's Most Influential Scots, Duncan A. Bruce; Carroll & Graf Publishers, 2000
- The Sports 100: The One Hundred Most Important People in American Sports History, Brad Herzog; Macmillan, 1995
- The Sports 100 : A Ranking of the Greatest Athletes of All Time, (previously printed as The 100 Greatest Athletes of All-Time: A Sports Editor's Personal Ranking), Bert Randolph Sugar, Carol Publishing Group, 1995
- The 100 Most Influential Women of All Time: A Ranking Past and Present, Deborah G. Felder, Carol Publishing Group, 1995
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.