- GEO (magazine)
"GEO" is a family of educational monthly magazines. The first edition appeared in
Germanyin 1976. Since then, the magazine has been published in Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, India[cite web
title =Outlook Group to launch GEO magazine; ties up with G+J International
publisher = AFAQS] ,
Italy, Japan, Korea, Lithuania, Latvia, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkeyand the United States. The current circulation figure in France and Germany is over 500,000.
The German version has several special editions: "GEO Saison", dedicated to
tourism, "GEO Special" about individual country or city, "GEO Wissen" and "GEO Kompakt" focused on science, "GEO Epoche" about history and "GEO Lino" for children. The Russian edition features "GEOTraveller", "GEOFocus" on science and history, "GEOлёнок" for children and "The Best of GEO".
Geo is published by
Gruner + Jahr, a publishing house owned by Bertelsmann.
* [http://www.geo.de/ German edition]
* [http://www.geo.com.hr/ Croatian edition]
* [http://www.geo-magazin.cz/ Czech edition]
* [http://www.geo-lehti.fi/ Finnish edition]
* [http://www.geomagazine.fr/ French edition] (ISSN 0220-8245)
* [http://www.geo-magazine.gr/ Greek edition]
* [http://www.geomagazin.hu/ Hungarian edition]
* [http://www.geomondo.it/ Italian edition] (ISSN 1122-3308)
* [http://www.geomagazin.ro/ Romanian edition]
* [http://www.geo.ru/ Russian edition]
* [http://www.geo-magazin.sk/ Slovak edition]
* [http://www.geo.si/ Slovenian edition]
* [http://www.georevista.es/ Spanish edition]
* [http://www.geodergi.com.tr/ Turkish edition]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.