February 8— Roman authorities make an attempt to arrest Athanasius on the accusation of supporting the usurper Magnentius. Athenasius eludes them, fleeing to the desert to hide amongst the monks of Mount Nitria.
* Julian is defeated by the
Alemanniat the Battle of Reims.
Rhaetiais invaded by the Alemanni.
* The veneration of non-Christian images is banned in the Empire.
Constantius IIpublishes a decree ordering the closure of all pagan temples throughout the Empire.
* Naemul becomes king of the
* Construction begins on the first
basilicaof Saint Peterin Rome.
Anthony the Great, desert monk
* Amasius, Bishop of Teano (also known as St. Paris)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.