- Deacon (disambiguation)
The term Deacon may refer to:
- Deacon, a religious office subordinate to a local priest or minister
- Deacon, Scots usage for the leader of a church (that is, local chapter) or a trade guild
- Archdeacon, a religious office subordinate to a bishop
- Cardinal Deacon, the lowest-ranked of three orders in the College of Cardinals in the Roman Catholic Church
- Deacon, the title of an office-bearer in a Masonic Lodge (local assembly of Freemasons)
- Paul the Deacon, an 8th-century Benedictine monk
- Timon the Deacon, one of the seven deacons chosen to minister to the Church in Jerusalem, according to the Acts of the Apostles
- Deacon Jones, professional football player and actor
- Deacon White, an early professional baseball player who set a number of records; he played in the first major league baseball game
- Bernard Deacon, an academic based at the Institute of Cornish Studies of the University of Exeter
- Dan Deacon, American musician
- Gill Deacon, Canadian actress
- Henry Deacon (industrialist) (1822–1876), chemist and industrialist
- Joey Deacon, an author who suffered from cerebral palsy
- John Deacon, bassist for the rock band Queen
- Louis Deacon, a professional rugby union footballer
- Paul Deacon, former professional rugby league player
- Richard Deacon (actor), American actor, best known as Mel Cooley on The Dick Van Dyke Show and Fred Rutherford on Leave It to Beaver
- Richard Deacon (sculptor), British sculptor
- Terrence Deacon, an American anthropologist
- Tom Deacon, Wales international rugby player
- "Deacon" Brodie (William Brodie), an 18th century master woodworker and city councillor in Edinburgh, Scotland, who burgled from his elite clientele and inspired The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
- Drew Hankinson, a professional wrestler who uses the name "Freakin Deacon"
In popular culture
- "Deacon Blues", a song on the 1977 Steely Dan album Aja
- Deacon Blue, a pop band from Scotland whose name was inspired by the Steely Dan song
- Demon Deacons, the nickname of Wake Forest University
- Deacon (comics), a Marvel comic book villain and foe of Ghost Rider
- The Deacon (The Wire), a character in the TV series The Wire
- Deacon (artillery), officially the AEC Mk I Gun Carrier, a British armoured fighting vehicle of the Second World War
- Deacon (rocket) and Nike-Deacon, sounding rockets
- Deacon, Indiana, a small town in the United States
- Deacons for Defense and Justice, an armed self defense African American civil rights organization in the U.S. Southern states during the 1960s.
- Deacons FC, a Barbadian football club based in Cave Hill[disambiguation needed ].
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.Categories:
- Disambiguation pages
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.