- Pleasure Island Family Theme Park
Infobox Amusement park
name = Pleasure Island Family Theme Park
caption = The logo for the 2008 season
homepage = [http://www.pleasure-island.co.uk www.pleasure-island.co.uk]
Flamingo Land Ltd(Gibb Family)
general_manager = Vicky Gibb
season = March to September
rides = 47 attractions
coasters = 3
water_rides = 1
slogan = Previous: "Discover the Magic" Current: "What an amazing day!"
coordinates = coord|53|32|36.26|N|0|00|29.48|W|display=inline,title
Pleasure Island Family Theme Park is an
amusement parkin Cleethorpes, North East Lincolnshire, England. Built on the site of an old zoo, construction of the park began in the late 1980s by Pleasureworld, a division of RKF. Pleasureworld also owned the Pleasurewood Hills Theme Parknear Lowestoft, along with several other tourism ventures. It was announced that the new park would also carry the Pleasurewood Hills name.
RKF and Pleasureworld went into receivership circa 1990 whilst the park was only half built. It was later sold to Flamingo Land, who completed the outstanding construction work. It has been operating since
May 27 1993and features a wide range of attractions. The park is owned and run by Flamingo Land Ltd, who also own Flamingo Land Theme Park and Zooin Malton, North Yorkshire.
The theme park is split into 6 areas:
* Africa, themed around
* Kiddies Kingdom, a rather mixed area, home to the rides for especially young children.
* Morocco, themed around the country of
* Old England, themed around England in the past (possibly Tudor times), this area contains the park entrance.
* Spain, themed around
* White Knuckle Valley, home to the
white knuckle rides.
The minimum heights are colour coded as follows:
* Red, 1.4m.
* Purple, 1.3m.
* Blue, 1.2m.
* Green, 1.2m unless accompanied by an adult.
* Yellow, 1.1m unless accompanied by an adult.
* Pink, children only.
* White, no restriction.
* Alakazam, a unique attraction where riders lie down and are spun round 360 degrees. (Morocco)
* Astra Slide, a slide on which the riders must sit in sacks. (White knuckle valley)
* Boomerang, a thrill coaster designed by
Vekoma. (White knuckle valley)
* Carousel, a
carousel. (Kiddies Kingdom)
* Century 2000, a flying car ride. (Africa)
* Clown Slide, a clown-themed slide. (Kiddies Kingdom)
* Cycle Monorail, a
monorailpowered by the feet of the riders and a set of bicycle-like pedals. (Spain)
* Dodgems. (Morocco)
* Electric Monorail, An
electronicmonorail. (Kiddies Kingdom)
* Falls of Fear, a raft ride in a dark tube. (Africa)
* Flying Chairs, a Chairoplane ride. (Old England)
* Frog Hopper, a smaller version of the Hyper Blaster with a frog theme, specifically for children. (Africa)
* Galleon, a swinging pirate ship. (Morocco)
* Go-gator, a children's roller coaster with a cartoon alligator theme. (Africa)
* Go-karts. (Kiddies Kingdom)
* Hydromax, a ride with a turning set of seats on each end of a long spinning arm. (Morocco)
* Hyper Blaster, an S&S Double Shot tower attraction. (Morocco) [ [http://www.themeparkjunkies.co.uk/index.php?act=parkguide&rgp=1&ride=280&park=35 Pleasure Island - Hyper Blaster ] ] [ [http://www.s-spower.com/company.html s&swebwide2 ] ]
* Major Orbit. (Africa)
* Mini Mine Train, another Vekoma coaster. (Africa)
* Para Tower, a vertical drop ride in which the riders stand in a metal basket. (Africa)
* Paratrooper, a suspended spinning and rising ride.
* Pendulus, a large swinging gondola attraction. (White knuckle valley)
* Pony Rodeo. (Africa)
* Razzle Dazzle. (White knuckle valley)
* Swan boats, pedal boats that look like swans. These are ridden around the lake in the centre of the park. (Morocco) [http://www.pleasure-island.co.uk/park_information www.pleasure-island.co.uk] ]
* Terror Rack, a Fabbri Top Spin double sided ride. (White knuckle valley)
* Tommy Tinkaboo's 'Sweet Adventure' Water Ride, an indoor water adventure-themed around the park's mascot, Tommy Tinkaboo. (Spain)
* Whirly Twirl. (White knuckle valley)
* Obliterator, similar to the Pendulus but the seats turn on a horizontal axis in addition to the turning and swinging movements. The ride opened at the beginning of the 2008 peak season.
* Masai Warriors Show. (Africa)
* Parrot Show,
parrots performing tricks. (Spain)
* Sea Lion Show,
sea lions performing tricks. (Morocco)
* Tommy Tinkaboo Musical Extravaganza. (Morocco)
Basil BrushLaughter Show. (Africa)
* "' High School Summer (Set As The Movie 'High School Musical 1 + 2)
Restaurants and eateries
* Food Court. (Spain)
* McCormack's Family Bar, a family themed restaurant and bar. (Old England)
* Tommy's Kiosk and Cafe
* Fatimas Fish & Chips
* Sinbads Ice Cream Parlour
* Falls of Fear
* [http://www.themeparkjunkies.co.uk/index.php?act=parkguide&park=35 Pleasure Island at Theme Park Junkies]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.