- Formula E
Formula E has been used for two different types of
One was basically
Formula Fordwith 1600 cc engines and outboard suspension. Formula E had a particularly strong following in Northern England.
Formula E is also used as a class in
kart racing. There it is a 250 cc unlimited class.
Formula E is also a class of open wheel racing within the SCCA. It is also known as Formula SCCA. The true name of the car is a Van Diemen DP06. It is built by Van Diemen, which is part of Elan Motorsports. The car is distributed by SCCA Enterprises.It is powered by a 2.3 liter Mazda inline four cylinder motor. The car is eligible in SCCA as a Formula Enterprise (FE). The car also has a separate set of bodywork that makes it closed wheel. With this bodywork it is eligible in SCCA as a C sports racer (CSR) and also in the L3 class of IMSA Lites.
Formula Enterprise Car SpecsDrive Train
* 2.3 Liter sealed Mazda engine
* Alloy head and block
* Twin cam, 16 valve
* Torque = 170 at 4,700 rpm
* Estimated 175+ Horsepower
* Electronic fuel ignition by MBE
* Elite sequential gearbox - 5 speed.
* 1st = 2.41
* 3rd = 1.50
* 4th = 1.22
* Final drive = 2.75
* No ratio changes
Advanced push rod activated system operating on wide based oval section wishbones with the latest anti-intrusion bar requirements. Alloy casting, heat treated uprights with large diameter angular contact bearings. Front anti-sway bars fully adjustable. Four (4) shock system – sealed Bilstein non-adjustableChassis
Multi tubular steel spaceframe extensively braced in the cockpit and footwell areas. GCR compliant.Bodywork
Formula 1 design features of a high nose, deep side pods and an engine cover with an air intake encompassing the roll hoopBrakes
* Lightweight double acting calipers * 10-1/2" diameter discs all around * Cockpit adjustable bias
Front: 8 x 13 by OZ Rear: 10 x 13 by OZTires
* Hoosier R45 compound spec racing slicks * Front: 21.5" x 7.5" x 13.0 in. * Rear: 22.0 in x 10.0 in x 13.0 in. * Marked set for qualifying and race. * Rain tires.
* Wheel base: 102.5 * Front track: 58.5 * Rear track: 55 * Weight: Formula – 1250 lbs. Minimum with driver * Sports Racer – 1385 lbs. Minimum with driver
* Formula Car: * Rear wing: Two upper elements, lower element mounted on gearbox * Bottom: Flat (no ground effects)
* Detachable steering wheel * Van Diemen rack and pinion unit * Dry cell battery * On-board 2.5 kg fire system * Six point safety harness * Fuel tank mounted behind the driver’s seat – 7 gallon * Twin high efficiency aluminum radiators with low drag coefficients housed singularly in each side pod
FE National Champions2006: Brandon Aleckson2007: Mark Eaton2008: TBD
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.